Chapter 4 : First Call

Following some vague memories to find his home, Yu Shulin stood at the door with a heavy heart, took out the spare key from under an old flowerpot in the corner, opened the door and walked in.

Everything is no different from what he remembered. From his last life to this life, he hasn't returned for more than ten years. A thin layer of gray floats on the furniture, and the curtains are tightly drawn, making the living room look a little dark. He turned and walked to the door of his mother's room, took a deep breath, slowly opened the door and walked in.

The light-colored floral bed sheets are the mother's preference, and there is a photo frame on the bedside table. The beautiful woman in the photo holds a two or three-year-old child and smiles happily. Although there is no father, his life with his mother has always been peaceful and happy.

Holding the photo frame in his arms, he sat down on the bed, smelling the familiar faint fragrance on the sheets, and looking at the faint floating dust in the air, he was startled. The closet was half open, revealing some of the clothes that mother usually wears, and there is a pair of warm yellow slippers beside the bed, which are the most common style, but the color that mother likes.

Putting his arms in front of his eyes, he exhaled deeply, his chest rising and falling, and a little inaudible choking appeared in his breath.

He really came back, so good.

It took a few hours to clean the inside and out of the house. He wiped off his sweat, packed his clothes and prepared to take a shower.

The phone rang suddenly, and he was stunned for a while before he realized that the landline at home was ringing. He was locked up not long after the college entrance examination, and was later pushed by his uncle to commit the crime for Yu Bo, and he was in prison for nothing. After a few years of wasting, such a pale and oppressive life made him almost forget what the phone ringing was like.

He walked to the phone, hesitated for a while, then gently picked up the phone to his ear, and said softly, "Hey..."

"Shulin, it's me, why did you go there? Didn't you say that you won't go back there? Uncle is very worried about you, have you eaten dinner? Would you like uncle to come and pick you up?"

A disgusting voice came from the earpiece. He frowned, his eyes were full of impatience, and he said stiffly: "No, I will come back to pack up my things. Let's meet at the law firm at ten o'clock tomorrow morning." Yu Xiu was suspicious, softened his tone and said, "I know that uncle loves me, thank you."

In the afternoon, Yu Xiu was tossed enough by Lawyer Zhou. Although he was puzzled that Yu Shulin's attitude had disappeared from his previous closeness and dependence, but thinking of his bad attitude towards his father, his worries were put aside again, and after a few words of concern, he died his phone.

The phone call made Yu Shulin's mood that didn't take long after he calmed down again. He stared at the phone with heavy eyes for a while, clenched his fists, took a deep breath, picked up a change of clothes and went to the bathroom.

Seeing that Yu Xiu hung up, Zhou Mei hurriedly approached cautiously and asked, "How about it, Shulin child...he didn't doubt anything, right?"

"No, that kid trusts me very much now." Yu Xiu replied, frowning and staring at her, still a little angry: "How do you usually teach Xiaobo, now is an important time, you should pay more attention to him! If it weren't for him , I signed all the documents today, but I still need to run again tomorrow, Ye Changmeng, do you know! I don’t know what happened to his father... Also, Shu Lin is emotionally unstable now, you let XiaoBo recruited him."