033; you're a player

third person.

sitting in his bedroom all day eventually made corbyn realise how bored he is without a significant person to text, and with no intentions of going out, simply because he didn't want to socialise and be asked many questions about his relationship, his room was the next best hiding spot.

originally whenever he was in one of those moods, mollie would be his go-to with no hesitation,  but since their break up two days ago, he had no where else to go where there would be no judgment, and that bothered him.

of course it took him a little longer than usual to process the break up, and it only set in for him five or so hours ago when he was about to send the girl a good morning text, only to realise that the last thing she was expecting or even wanting was any sign of the boy at all.

so instead of texting anyone else, he sat on his bed with his guitar in his hand, staring out of the window rather than actually doing anything with the instrument in his hand.

and suddenly, knocking the boy out of his own mind he turned towards his door after hearing a few knocks, seeing his mom standing in the doorway with a plate of food for him and a giftbag, "is there a reason you haven't left your room all day?"

"i've just been practicing guitar," he shrugged as she nodded, placing the plate onto his desk.

"max dropped off this for you," saskia said, handing the boy the giftbag, "he said mollie couldn't bring it so.."

"oh." he paused, furrowing his eyebrows slightly but still taking it from her hand and placing it beside him, "yeah, i'll text her."

"i thought you'd seem more enthusiastic about that," his mom frowned as corbyn shrugged, "are they all visiting for christmas day or have they got their own plans? i'd love to make some gingerbread with mollie seeing as she enjoys baking with-"

"we broke up mom."

saskia went quiet for a moment before she took a seat beside his desk, a confused expression growing on her face before she soon let out a sigh, "a mutual break up?"

corbyn shook his head, "no, i did it."

"then what did she do?"

"nothing, it was my fault." he told her, avoiding looking towards her so he wouldn't have to see the look of disappointment that would be appearing on her face as he spoke, "i wasn't... i just didn't treat her how i was supposed to."

"why not?"

"what?" he furrowed his eyebrows, turning his head towards his mom as she waited for an answer, "mom why would i know the answer to that?"

"because you know you did it." she raised her eyebrows slightly, "so you must know why you did it."

"i guess because... i dont know." he shrugged, "maybe because i didn't understand her so i didn't know how to be supportive?"

"corbyn we did research on it."

"but that wasn't the only thing she struggles with," he aruged, rolling his eyes as saskia glared at him, "you're not helping just go away."

"are you going to open the thing she got you?" saskia asked as the boy shrugged slightly, "what's putting you off?"

"all her gifts are meaningful, it's her way of showing she cares." corbyn told his mom, grabbing the gift bag and placing it down beside his bed.

"so?"

"so i don't want to open it because it'll just upset me, now can you go away?" he rolled his eyes, watching saskia sigh before she stood up and headed out of his room.

yet not even two minutes later, once the boy had managed to get back into his own mind again, ashley came to interrupt him.

"go away-"

"open your gift." ashley smiled, her chin rested on her hands as the boy turned around to shoot her a glare, "i know what it is."

"i'm not opening it," corbyn shook his head, turning back around as ashley rolled her eyes.

"did you cheat on her?"

"no, why would i do that?"

"because you're a player," she sighed, "that's why you're talking to lucy."

"me and lucy are friends." corbyn defended himself as ashley slowly nodded.

"so were you and mollie for like a month but you guys were still making out," she told him through a small laugh before standing herself back up, "are you going to try and win her back?"

"no," the boy shook his head, "there's no point."

"you're so positive about-"

"just fuck off," he rolled his eyes, interrupting her sentence before he stood up and guided her towards his door, "and stop talking about it, just leave me alone."

"corbyn-"

"fuck off," he interrupted her once more, "and tell mom to as well."

as the door was shut right in front of ashley, the girl headed downstairs to where the rest of the family were, a frown on her face before she fell onto the couch right beside jordan.

"he's not going to a party tonight?" jordan asked, checking the time on his watch, "he usually leaves right about now."

"he's not going anywhere," ashley shrugged, "it's weird."

"well he put himself in that position." saskia argued, "i didn't raise him to be like that to his girlfriend."

"it's probably the group of friends he hangs around with," jordan said, "not zach and that, i mean brandon and casper, the people in that group."

"probably," ashley nodded.

a/n

well well well that's how mr besson is doing 🙄