048; we're not friends

third person.

"corbyn, hey." brandon said as he walked up to the boy, heading towards the college library before corbyn gave him a small smile, "i heard about mollie."

"it's fine," he shrugged, "she'll be alright, i know it."

"yeah," he nodded, "i just thought you'd be quite upset about it."

"i am," he said, "i'm just trying to keep myself busy until max says i can go see her."

"oh, fair enough," brandon replied before he laughed slightly, "maybe you can do what you do best and fuck the depression out of her."

"that's not funny," corbyn quickly said, putting his phone in his pocket as brandon looked at him confused, "i'm serious, that was a shitty joke."

"fits her shitty mind-"

"stop fucking talking bad about her," he looked at brandon, who still had a confused expression on his face before he glanced around.

"you've spoke bad about her before," brandon argued, "how's it different if i do it?"

"brandon," jonah interrupted the conversation, coming up behind corbyn as daniel was the other side, "you heard him."

"i was trying to lift his mood-"

"you don't joke about mental illness," daniel shrugged as corbyn rolled his eyes and continued walking towards the library.

"what's with this friend group and trying to change corbyn?" brandon complained before walking back up to corbyn.

"he's not gonna like that," jonah whispered to daniel as he shook his head.

"he'll find that out."

"dude every girl thinks you're the hottest guy here and you're stuck on someone who doesn't even attend a college," brandon explained as corbyn raised one eyebrow, his fist slowly clenching.

"yet before she attended one of the best art schools in the country," corbyn argued, "and instead you're here."

"brandon really-"

"jonah this doesn't concern you," brandon interrupted jonah as corbyn stopped to look at the boy, "i'm not scared of corbyn, he wouldn't hurt a friend."

"you'd be surprised." jonah raised his eyebrows.

"what i'm saying is," brandon continued, noticing the stare corbyn had been giving him for the past minute or so, "how about instead of being stuck on some girl that probably fakes most of her illnesses and literally has no family except a brother, you date someone who is hot and-"

and before brandon got the chance to finish his sentence, corbyn had already dropped his bag onto the floor and thrown himself at him, immediately knocking him onto the floor while daniel and jonah glanced at each other.

in less than a minute, a small crowd was already formed and while zach was trying to push jonah towards the two boys in the middle of it, jonah didn't seem to budge.

"jonah?!" zach looked at him, "why aren't you stopping it?"

"you don't bring family into a situation," jonah shrugged, folding his arms and turning away from the crowd, making a slow walk towards the door.

zach's jaw soon dropped as he glanced back over at the fight, quickly noticing a small puddle of blood before he shot his head back to jonah, "jonah, please."

letting out a sigh, he walked back into the crowd with daniel by his side before they grabbed an arm each, pulling corbyn away from brandon after a bit of resistance from the boy.

"we're not friends," corbyn spoke up, grabbing his bag and picking himself up off the floor before he shook his hands, the excess blood falling off of it before he headed towards the door of the building.

ella and lucy glanced at each other before their eyes moved to brandon while the crowd eventually moved away, "can you move?"

"lucy do you see the blood on the floor?" casper looked at her, rushing over to brandon and sitting the boy up against the wall.

"jonah's right," rosie shrugged, "mental health and family didn't need to be involved."

"corbyn should learn to take a joke," lucy argued.

"how is any of that a fucking joke?" rosie glared at lucy, "who the fuck told people mollie was in the hospital anyway? because it sure as hell would not have been that friend group."

"paige was the one who told me," jess shrugged.

"same," casper nodded.

"you all think what brandon said was funny but if that was one of your friends you'd hate that being said," rosie told them all, "corbyn can take a joke when it isn't about his girlfriend, you cross the line if you joke about her."

"rosie's right," juliet interrupted their conversation, the nurse by her wife as they walked up to the group, "you don't talk about mollie around corbyn."

"he'd so cheat on her if he got the chance," casper told the two girls as rosie gestured towards lucy.

"he got given loads of chances," rosie tilted her head, "never ever considered it, don't try defend brandon."

"treated mollie like shit," lucy looked at them, "you didn't see it go down at the party."

"you were the one who tried to make him cheat," rosie argued, "he never means harm to her."

"he's so possessive," brandon rolled his eyes, being helped by the nurse while casper tried to wipe the blood off from the floor, "it's just a girl."

juliet rolled her eyes, "she's not just a girl to corbyn."

"he's changed," lucy shook her head, "i prefer his fuckboy phase."

"funny, that's the thing he hates most," rosie gave her a sarcastic smile before rolling her eyes and walking away from the group.

"so you'd rather sleep with him and then he ghosts you?" juliet asked lucy as she shook her head.

"well no," lucy laughed, "he'd fall for me like he did with mollie."

"righttt.."

a/n

who do y'all want next chapter focused on