057; i hate people

third person.

despite it being almost 10pm on a monday evening and knowing that he had college the next day, corbyn still walked into mollie's house and went straight up to her room, ignoring the boy sat in the kitchen who had tried to greet him.

"god i hate people," the boy shook his head as he walked into mollie's bedroom, making the girl jump a little before turning away from her canvas to look at him, "so fucking annoying."

"what happened?" she asked, receiving no reply from the boy who had his head in his hands, sitting down on the edge of her bed, "corbyn."

still receiving no response, mollie eventually put her pencil down and stood up, walking over to the boy and trying to move his hands away from his face, "hey, talk to me."

"it's so stupid," he shrugged, moving his hands away from his face before wiping the tears falling from his eyes as mollie soon frowned, "don't worry about-"

"bub," mollie interrupted him, taking a seat beside the boy and having her hand run through his hair, "what's wrong?"

"i was talking to my mom and she started lecturing me about how i need to pay more attention in college because my grades aren't the best, right?" he explained as mollie gave him a small nod, watching his eyes fill up with more tears, "and i told her i'm really trying to focus and do the best i can but she just started going on about how i need to act my age."

"and so i texted jonah and i said what happened and he fucking agreed with her," the boy rolled his eyes, "no one fucking understands how hard i am trying, like if i'm not with you or with the friend group i am genuinely trying to study."

"i'm just tired of being told to act my age all the time when i'm trying my hardest too," he shook his head before looking at her, "no don't look at me like that."

"i'll help you," mollie told him, "i can help you study."

"no because you need to focus on yourself," corbyn pointed at her, "i don't want to be getting in the way of that."

"but you're stressed-"

"no i'm just tired of trying to meet everyone's expectations of me," he interrupted her, "i hate going to college and hearing people make jokes about who i was in high school and when the friend group brings it up, i laugh but it really fucking hurts."

"then tell them?"

"baby," corbyn paused, bringing his hand to his forehead and shaking his head, "that just doesn't work with my persona."

"you don't need to act so tough all the time," mollie shrugged, patting the spot beside her as the boy went to lay down, soon cuddling into her.

"but i do because everyone's always seen me as that," he mumbled, "i am a tough person."

"no you're a big softie," she replied.

"around you but not anyone else," the boy sighed, "i just hate having to deal with everyone bringing up my past when the only person it really concerns is you."

"i never mentioned it."

"i know, so it doesn't need to be brought up any all." corbyn told her as she nodded, placing a kiss on his forehead while she wiped his eyes for him, "i'm sorry this isn't very manly of me."

"you're allowed to cry corbyn," mollie told him, "it's not like i'm going to laugh at you for it, i'm glad you spoke about it."

"i was going to go to a party instead but then i wanted to have a cuddle instead of getting drunk so i came to you," he explained as she nodded, "but i feel bad because i ignored max when i was coming in."

"he won't be upset about it," the girl shook her head while she played with his hair, watching him move his head to her chest before wiping his eyes one last time and closing them, "are you staying over now?"

"yeah i'm mad at my mom."

"okay," she mumbled, pulling her bed sheet over the two of them before getting herself comfortable, "stop crying."

"i'm trying to," he frowned, "i'm upset let me be emotional."

"do you want to sleep now or do you want to wait?" mollie asked, "because it's half ten and you don't sleep until like one."

"i don't know, i need to shower." corbyn mentioned before looking up at her, "do you want to come have a shower with me?"

"are you going to turn it into something sexual?"

"right now, no but when i get in there i might change my mind." he told her, watching mollie roll her eyes before nodding.

as the couple got up and headed over to the bathroom, mollie started the shower while corbyn sat on the countertop, a frown still visibly on his face as he wiped his eyes every so often with the sleeves of his hoodie.

"do you want to go out for breakfast tomorrow?" corbyn asked her as she shook her head, "why?"

"don't really feel like it," mollie shrugged, closing the bathroom door and looking at him, "what?"

"did you eat today though?"

"i had dinner," she nodded, taking off her shirt before corbyn looked at her confused.

"i thought you were having three meals now," he mentioned before taking off his hoodie, "i thought we made improvements."

"i just don't feel like eating anything," mollie told him as he gave her one small nod before he went silent, "we can go out for breakfast if you want."

"there's no point if you aren't going to have anything," he shrugged and turned to look at her, "what did you eat for dinner?"

"toast."

"baby," corbyn frowned, "has someone said something to put you off eating or..?"

"not really," mollie replied, now avoiding any eye contact with the boy while he looked at her, knowing that she was lying.

a/n

double update oops can't help myself tbh

anyway no updates tomorrow sorry luvs

OH and corbyn being sad i'm :(((