044; my new project

third person.

having not replied to any of corbyn's messages for the whole day, the boy took it upon himself to go and check on the girl, bringing some food from dunkin with him along the way.

and once he had arrived and max let him inside, the boy went up to mollie's room, immediately seeing the girl still in bed half asleep while he rolled his eyes and smiled slightly, deciding to run her a bath.

"is that nicole or corbyn," mollie mumbled, not bothering to move her head to look at the boy walked out of her bathroom.

"nicole," he replied, placing down the bag of food he had bought for her as she turned to look at him, "you haven't replied all day so i thought i'd come see you."

"why are you having a bath at my house?"

"it's for you dummy," he rolled his eyes and smiled as mollie shook her head, soon being picked up by the boy and taken over to her bathroom, "i'll wash your hair for you, i'm just making sure you've had one."

"wait what's the time?" she asked him as he pulled out his phone.

"7pm." corbyn told her, placing her down and adding in some of her bath soak before he turned to face the girl, "why?"

"i thought it was like 2pm," mollie scratched the back of her neck, "are you coming in with me?"

"if you want me to," he replied as she nodded, closing the door to the bathroom shut while they waited for the bath to finish running.

after corbyn had turned the water off and checked that it was warm enough to sit in, the two of them got undressed before they both got into the bath, and for the first ten minutes or so they were sat in almost complete silence with mollie's back against the boys chest.

"did you do anything fun today?" mollie asked him as his arms were wrapped around her waist.

"i went out for lunch with zach," corbyn replied, "oh and i went to college for a few hours."

"so you didn't get kicked out?"

"no i saved myself," he laughed slightly, "i did extra hours and so my attendance i think is getting better, i don't know i'm trying."

"at least you're trying," mollie shrugged, "i did some painting today."

"you did?" he raised his eyebrows slightly, grabbing her bottle of shampoo while the girl continued to talk.

"mhm," she nodded, "it's drying right now but i painted the moon and then some small planets around it, it's hard to explain but i'll show you after this."

"do you ever run out of canvases?"

"sometimes," mollie replied as the boy continued to wash her hair for her, "but then i just order more, or nana usually buys me a few every month."

"have you used the paints i bought you yet?" corbyn asked with a small smile on his face, happy to hear what she loves to talk about.

"i used the pink one today and it looks so good," she told the boy as he nodded along with the conversation, "i think i used the blue too."

"are they good?"

"very good," she nodded, "did you like your guitar picks that i bought you?"

"i haven't looked at every single one yet but from what i saw they looked very good," corbyn replied, placing a small kiss on her head, "my favourite gift is most definitely the ring, but i have set the canvas up against a wall in my room."

mollie gave him another nod before she let out a yawn, sighing right after it while the boy finished with washing her hair.

and once he had, the two of them got out of the bath as corbyn immediately handed her his hoodie, letting her put it on while he put on his sweatpants, soon drying his hair with a towel.

"come," mollie said, grabbing the boys hand and pulling him through to her room, walking over to the nook she had in her window as she sat down on it, "sit that side."

"i bought you food," he said, stopping in his tracks before pointing at the dunkin bag, "do you want it?"

"you can bring it over," she suggested while the boy nodded, grabbing the bag from the side before he sat where he was told to, the opposite side to her in her window nook.

and while he handed her a cookie that he had broke in half before hand, mollie thanked him as she turned her head to the window, watching the stars while corbyn's eyes were fixed on her.

he still felt nothing but guilt when he looked at her. and although he was trying his best to make sure she was cared for, it didn't stop him from feeling like the reason she had given up with looking after herself was because of him.

but even though no one else had seemed to notice or point it out, corbyn could tell she looked much different than when he had last saw her. from the dark circles that would now appear under her eyes no matter how much sleep she had to how much smaller she looked, he knew she had drowned under the pressure of trying to hold herself together.

"guess what," mollie spoke up, quickly turning her head to corbyn with a smile on her face as she bit her lip slightly, knocking the boy out of his thoughts.

"what?"

"max said i could finally paint that big wall in the office at the back of the house," she told him as he smiled, "he said i can whatever i want to it and it's massive, it's my new project."

"the one you've been wanting to paint forever?"

"yesss, i'm so excited." she quickly nodded, "he finally agreed because he said it gives me something to do while i'm not at college, he's trying to keep me busy."

"what are you going to paint on it?" the boy asked, taking a bite out of his half of the cookie as she shrugged.

"i have a lot of ideas," mollie said, "i want to do a sunset with hot air balloons, or the field we used to stargaze, those are my main two."

"do a mix," he suggested, "a sunset in that field with a hot air balloon."

"oh my god," her eye's widened, "yes."

"see," he nodded and smiled, "i'm genius. when are you starting it?"

"probably tomorrow," she shrugged, finally take a bite out of the cookie before bringing her knees up to her chest, "because everyone will be at college."

"i'll come see you after," corbyn replied, letting out another sigh of relief after watching her take a few a more bites of the cookie.

"i think nicole is," mollie told him as he frowned, "but i'll text you when she goes."

"does she know we're on good terms?"

"yeah, i told her," she nodded, "and she said it was good but she's gonna be cautious, even though it's not her issue."

"yeah i still don't know where she came into our problems," corbyn rolled his eyes, "but whatever, i'm fine with you so i have nothing to complain about."

"nana is coming over at the weekend if you want to see her," mollie said, changing the subject, "she misses you."

"my mom misses you a lot." he mentioned, "so you need to come see her soon."

"i will," mollie nodded as the boy gave her a smile.

a/n

ugh finally a good chapter 🥺🥺🥺

let's appreciate how much better mollie seemed this chapter thank u