037; stuff happened

third person.

going into the new year with a different girl by his side other than mollie was not at all what corbyn had planned. to be stood beside a girl he had just introduced himself to, someone who already knew his name and everything about him, someone who complimented his every room, it was something he thought he had moved past.

and he could feel the confused stares. the stares from every person that could easily tell a story and ask the boy what on earth he was doing with someone other than who they all thought he had finally figured something out with.

"you look good," emily said, the girl a little tipsy as corbyn gave her a nod, "i like your chain, where's it from?"

"it was a gift," he shrugged, "from like february."

"oh." she nodded, "that's cool."

"uh, hey corbyn," brandon said, walking up to the two as emily frowned, "did you wanna go have some drinks with us?"

"i'll pass," he shook his head, "i've got a drink anyway."

"alright," he nodded, "we're just outside if you do."

"okay, thanks." corbyn smiled slightly, turning back to emily as brandon walked away from the pair, "sorry anyway i-"

"you have a nice smile," emily mentioned as corbyn looked at her, "sorry, it's just cute."

"oh." he paused, the smile getting a little wider, "thanks."

"so do you have any hobbies?"

"no," he shook his head, "i'm learning guitar but other than that i don't do much."

"guitar is quite plain," emily frowned, "i feel like everyone is trying to do that and it just takes away from the whole attractive thing, ya know? i'm sure you look good doing it but i don't know, not my thing."

"yeah.."

"also wasn't that your friend group?" emily asked, gesturing behind her to the group of people stood in a circle mid-laugher, noticing that zach had decided to turn up for the evening.

"it was, yeah." corbyn said, watching zach glance behind his shoulder with a slightly worried expression on his face as he looked towards corbyn, instantly turning back around once they met eyes, "stuff happened."

"so brandon and that are your new friends?"

"they've always been my friends," corbyn replied, "just not my main group, they are now though."

emily nodded in response before she checked the time on her phone, quickly putting it in the pocket of her denim jacket again before placing her drink down and grabbing his free hand, "do you want to go upstairs?"

"for what?"

"to celebrate the new year," she shrugged and smiled slightly, "there's ten minutes to go so why don't we go find an empty room?"

the boy took a few seconds to think before he sighed, downing the rest of his drink quickly before he threw the cup onto the floor and nodded, soon being guided by the girl towards the stairs.

and as they towards the stairs they passed corbyn's old friend group and while he trying to avoid glancing towards any of them, he heard nicole mumble something under her breath before his head shot towards her.

"fuck you," nicole mouthed before she held up her middle finger, jack's arm soon going around her waist and pulling her closer to him. corbyn rolled his eyes and held up his middle finger back to her before he had turned the corner and began the walk up the stairs.