001; that's him

third person.

"ok, what do you think?" cara looked at mollie, moving out of the way to display the mannequin that she had put her freshly made garment on, "is it too much?"

"it's cute," she replied, glancing at her phone before looking back at the mannequin, noticing the unsure expression cara's face, "don't you like it?"

"there's not enough sparkle, you know?" she replied, folding her arms as she stared at the piece she had made, "something about it is throwing me off."

"then fix it."

"well duh," the girl laughed, "i was going to."

just a week after mollie had moved herself into her dorm room, her roommate arrived and as much as mollie despised it, she soon realised how talkative cara was and just how difficult it was going to be to maintain a bond with her when the two of them were almost completely different.

the actual semester wasn't due to start for another three days even though her friends at home had already been attending classes since monday that week, and so most days mollie had no one to talk to because her friends were too busy with their own lives.

but despite the fact that she was unable to catch up with her hometown friends, cara was there to talk her through the day. from her small daily outbursts of anger when a piece of clothing she'd make for her coursework would go wrong to her ten minute crying sessions after another guy had ghosted her, she was definitely a person mollie hadn't let herself be around before.

and because she was without her boyfriend, the one person she managed to finally adjust to and be herself around, her little bubble of confidence had popped and before she knew it, mollie was back at square one, her blunt and quiet self.

"you're a very closed person," cara mentioned as mollie looked up at her from her laptop screen, seeing the girl still focused on her mannequin, "i feel like this entire week all i've talked about is me."

"oh," mollie replied before she shrugged slightly.

"yup," she nodded, putting her mannequin to one side before she sat herself down on her bed, "what are you studying?"

"art," the girl told her before she noticed the small frown on cara's face, knowing it was because of how little she seemed to be talking, "but i do dance on the side, it's not a course it's more just for fun."

"oh like a club?" she asked, leaning against the wall before mollie gave her a nod, "i know someone who does that. how good are you at art?"

"um, depends on who you ask." the girl sat up and put her laptop to one side, handing cara her small sketchbook to look through, "it could be better but i don't like to criticise my work so."

"holy shit this is good," cara smiled, flipping through the pages, "i actually tried to do art one time and i got myself a sketchbook and everything but i completely messed it up, it's why i stick to fashion because... sorry i need to stop talking about me."

"honestly go for it i don't enjoy talking," mollie told her before she awkwardly laughed, scratching the back of her neck.

"i noticed." the girl laughed slightly, "are you not from new york then?"

"nope, virginia."

"oh, that's not too far away." cara shrugged, "you seem like you'd be from here so i just wondered.. but anyway what about boyfriend? do you have one of those?"

"uh, yeah i do." mollie nodded, a smile growing on her face before she grabbed her phone and pulled up a photo of the two of them, "that's him."

"holy shit." cara's eyes widened, taking the phone off of the girl to have a closer look at the two of them, "y'all are one hot couple, damn mollie. i'm not good with relationships, commitment is not my thing."

"it wasn't really mine either," mollie tucked her hair behind her ear as her phone was handed back to her, then noticing the confused look on cara's face.

"what's his name?"

"corbyn."

"wait this is cute," cara smiled, bringing her knees up to her chest and resting her head on them, "how did you meet?"

"ok this is going to sound weird um," mollie said through a small laugh, "basically, there's this party that's held christmas break every year and um he was a little bit- actually he was very much a fuckboy and he asked for my snap."

"wait," she furrowed her eyebrows, "wait so you're dating a fuckboy?"

"no," mollie quickly shook her head, "he isn't one anymore."

"ohhh," cara nodded, "so did you change him or did he change himself?"

"i think he changed himself," she shrugged, "i don't think i'm that much of help."

"and you've been dating since december?"

"march," the girl correctly her roommate, "it was a very complicated three months."

"interesting," she slowly nodded, "i think it's cute though if he changed himself for you, i want a boy to do that for me."

"yeah, i guess.." mollie shrugged slightly. 

"anyway," cara said, standing up and putting on her jacket, "i'm going to get some food, do you want to come with?"

"no i'll stay here." she replied as cara slowly nodded.

"i can bring some food back for you if you want," the girl suggested, gesturing her thumb to the door.

"no it's fine, you can go i'll be fine," mollie shook her head and gave her a small smile, "i'll eat later, thanks for offering though."

"well i figured if we're going to be roommates for the next year or so, we might as well have some sort of friendship," cara explained, grabbing her mini bag and her phone, "and who doesn't enjoy food?"

"mhm," she mumbled, looking down at her phone screen.

"but i will see you in half an hour," cara told her, receiving another nod before the girl stopped right by the door, "is everything okay?"

"everything's fine," mollie looked at her and forced a smile, "enjoy the food."

"just checking," she replied with a soft smile on her face, eventually leaving the dorm room just as mollie's phone buzzed.

and immediately looking down at her phone, a proper smile grew on her face when she realised it was corbyn trying to reach her.

a/n

FIRST CHAPTER YUP YUP

so what's ur opinion on cara? how do we feel about her? 😁