027; i wanna facetime

third person.

"you look really pretty today." dylan said to mollie as she walked in the art class, taking a seat beside him before giving him one small smile, "and you turned up."

"i almost didn't." she sighed.

"you smell like weed," he noticed, "you're having a lot more than the rest of them."

"ok?" mollie shrugged, opening up her sketchbook as dylan slowly frowned, "good to know but don't care."

"are you upset?" he asked, "you seem really tense and you look like you've been crying, unless you're just high."

"i'm just tired." mollie looked at him as he tilted his head, "that's all."

"do you want to go and take a nap?" dylan asked her.

"not that kind of tired dylan." she replied.

"i know," he said, "but being in class won't help you."

"please just stop trying to care about me." mollie stopped what she was doing to turn towards him, "i don't need to leave class, i don't need to take a break from school, everything is fine."

"sorry," he mumbled, watching her get back to her work, "do you want to come dancing tonight?"

"huh?"

"at the club down the street," the boy explained, "it is a extremely good way to de-stress and i know you enjoy dancing, we can go with the friend group."

"you're not asking as a-"

"no ew this isn't as a date." he said through a laugh, "mollie i don't like you like that, i like cleo."

"oh."

"hence the whole dancing thing, i'm trying to get her to dance with me tonight." dylan explained, "please come dancing, i promise it's worth it."

"ok i'll come." she slowly nodded, "we're not going anywhere for a meal though are we?"

"no," dylan shook his head, "we can go straight to the club and whoever wants food can get food there."

"alright, sounds cool."

"also, about your call with corbyn the other day." dylan mentioned, "this probably sounds weird but why was my name mentioned?"

"um.." mollie paused.

"i know he doesn't like me, it's pretty obvious but i wasn't doing anything," dylan furrowed his eyebrows, "so i was just confused."

"he gets jealous easily," she shrugged, "it's nothing to worry about, i know you're not doing anything wrong."

giving the girl a nod, the pair turned back to their work again and went silent for a few minutes, before dylan glanced down at the sleeves of her hoodie and soon turned to face her.

"you have blood on your hoodie." he spoke up, "on the sleeves here."

"oh," mollie looked down at her sleeve, "must've caught it on something."

"are you sure you're ok?" he asked her, a somewhat concerned expression on his face as the girls phone began to buzz.

"i'm sure, but i think i might head back to my dorm," she said before she slowly nodded, picking up her phone to see that it was corbyn who has been texting her.

––––