040; don't want her back

third person.

walking down the stairs just a little past midday, corbyn had only just woke up as he sat himself at the kitchen island, watching his mom pace around while trying to clean the place up a little.

"if you're going to have attitude i don't want to talk to you," saskia spoke up, having heard the boy walk over to her as he sighed.

"i'm sorry for being so rude." corbyn replied, looking up at his mom as she turned around to face him, placing her hands on the counter, "i was just upset with myself and i took it out on you, i'm sorry."

"are you still upset with yourself?"

"...yeah." he slowly nodded, "but it's fine i won't-"

"why?"

the boy shrugged, "i messed up a lot of things."

"and i know it was my fault," he continued, sitting himself upright as saskia let him ramble on, "i've apologised to one person since then and that was after i gave him space and left him alone and i'm trying to keep my word and show him that i am trying to be better but i messed up so many things and i can't fix them all now."

"is that person zach?" she asked, quickly receiving a nod, "i'm glad you apologised to him but who are the other people?"

"nicole, jonah, jack, that entire friend group," corbyn explained, "and mollie."

"i thought you said you weren't going to try get back with her?"

"well i wasn't but i didn't want to break up with her in the first place," corbyn replied as he scratched the back of his neck, "i just want to go to new york and show her how sorry i am."

"then go," saskia shrugged as corbyn shook his head.

"nicole won't want me-"

"it's not nicole's problem."

"yeah but," he paused as his face relaxed slightly, "she doesn't want me to talk to mollie."

his mom sighed as she was lost for advice, soon remember he still hadn't opened up his christmas present from the girl before she grabbed it from the other kitchen counter and placed it in front of him.

"i'm not opening it," corbyn shook his head, "it'll be some sort of meaningful gift."

"it might help you decide what you want to do," saskia suggested as the boy let out a sigh, grabbing the bag and opening it before he quickly glanced inside it, "well?"

pulling the first thing out of the bag, he placed a small canvas onto the table before staring at it for a few moments, a painting the girl had made from a photo of the couple on prom night at their happiest, "i told you they'll be meaningful."

"what are the other two?"

"uh, one is a box of guitar picks," corbyn said, showing her the box and the picks that all had a few personalised symbols on them, "and then the last thing is.."

"hm?" she raised her eyebrows, looking into the bag as the boy was silent, pulling out a ring box with a paper note taped to the bottom of it.

"a ring," he furrowed his eyebrows slightly, opening up the box and noticing the ring placed in the center, silver with a small peace symbol sat in the middle of it, "i told you they'd be meaningful."

"what does the note on the bottom say..?" saskia asked, sitting down beside the boy as he shrugged and teared it off of the box, soon opening it up to read the note out.

"i hope you like the ring :)
it's there to remind you that you are not your past,
i have one too so i thought because i know you
worry about it a lot, it's there to remind you that
you're not who you once were <3"

after corbyn had finished reading out the note, he immediately went quiet before packing the things back into the gift bag, a frown growing on his face as saskia watched him do so.

"just go talk to her," jordan said, watching the two of them from where he was sat on the couch, "and if it goes wrong then oh well at least you know."

"that's embarrassing," corbyn rolled his eyes, "i don't want to get rejected."

"then you don't want her back that badly," he glared at corbyn, "text her before you go to new york, make sure she knows you're coming."

"i mean, if you want to change that badly," ashley spoke up while walking down the stairs, taking a seat on the second to last step, "you need to put effort in."

"she hates me," corbyn argued, "she definitely hates me, so there isn't any point in trying."

"ugh," ashley huffed, standing back up again, "go apologise to your friend group, text mollie and put the effort in to be the better person you keep talking about being, jesus christ."

"ashley has a point," jordan nodded.

"mom?" corbyn turned to saskia, "why are you letting her talk to me like that?"

"you told me to fuck off last week," ashley argued, "you don't even know how much i'm trying to help you and you're ignoring every piece of advice i'm giving."

"i'm listening to it-"

"then actually do something about it, words need to follow with action," she rolled her eyes, walking back up the stairs as saskia nodded in agreement.

"just text her corbyn," saskia shrugged with a soft smile on her face, "don't worry about what nicole will say, it's not her problem to get involved in."

"are you sure?"

"i'm sure mollie will want a text from you," she nodded.

a/n

HELLO what are we thinking 😼😼😼