073; you're perfect

third person.

on the following friday evening, a little past 7pm, corbyn and mollie had arrived in new york and gotten themselves a hotel room for the weekend, a place to stay while they visited the friend group mollie had made from her time at that college.

they had plans to meet the group saturday morning for brunch together, and so knowing that the two of them wouldn't be up in time to make the drive that early, they decided to drive down the night before to reduce the stress of leaving in time.

and so, after corbyn had gotten out of the shower and put on his sweatpants, he fell onto the bed where mollie was sat, and once corbyn was comfortable mollie had already put her phone down to one side and cuddled up to the boy, putting her leg over him as her arm was draped across his stomach.

"you've been so clingy all day," he spoke up, wrapping his arms around her and pulling the girl closer to him, "i'm not complaining but-"

"then don't mention it idiot."

"alright," corbyn raised his eyebrows as mollie let out a small sigh, placing a soft kiss on his cheek before she closed her eyes, "are you tired?"

"mhm," she nodded, one of her hands playing with the ends of the boys hair, "i didn't sleep well last night."

"why?"

"i just didn't," mollie shrugged, "i don't know why."

the boy gave her a nod, his hand gently running up and down her back as mollie had a faint smile stuck on her face, her head rested in the crook of his neck.

"i love you," she told him, "you're so cosy, it makes me feel so safe."

"you're always safe with me," corbyn replied.

"have you got facial hair?" the girl soon furrowed her eyebrows, opening her eyes and moving her head upwards to look towards his jaw, her hand running along it, "it's more than usual."

"i preferred when you were soft."

"don't shave that," mollie told him, "if you do i'm never kissing you again."

"that's the first threat you've said that doesn't involve any violence," corbyn looked at her with a smile, watching her roll her eyes, "i don't want to shave it."

"i'll let you know when you can," she said, "but right now it's so perfect, so leave it alone."

"you're perfect," he said, a soft tone in his voice as he tucked her hair behind her ear, receiving a shake of her head, "baby."

"no," mollie replied, a small huff escaping her lips before she cuddled back into the boy, placing a few small kisses on his neck before she closed her eyes again.

as the couple fell into a state of silence, mollie eventually drifted herself off to sleep as corbyn had pulled the sheets over them, placing a kiss on her forehead before he grabbed his phone to find a way to pass the time until he got tired himself.

despite how tough the boy seemed to try and portray himself as, how bad he wanted to be seen as intimidating or strong, he still had his weakness and soft spots, and his girlfriend just happened to be one of them.

he knew mollie tried to have the same persona from time to time, and that almost her entire high school experience was filled with people avoiding her because she wasn't the friendliest person you could come across, but past all of that guard she had put up for herself there was a girl who cared way too much for people that meant a lot to her.

and that under all of her messy past, her trauma, her struggles, her bad habits and traits and her insecurities, no matter how tough she tried to be there'd always be that one person who had her wrapped around their finger who could instantly put a smile on her face.

that was maybe why the two worked so well together, because they were aware of how people were towards them and were aware that they didn't want to be seen as vulnerable, and have so many people walk all over them whenever they pleased.

as corbyn eventually put his phone back down and moved himself to get comfortable, his hand was running through his girlfriend's hair, a smile on his face from the realisation that he had found someone who didn't just see him as another person to avoid.

and had instead taught him how to be the person he was trying so hard to be, although he wasn't quite there yet, he was much farther than he ever thought he could be, the boy was just unsure of how to ever thank his girlfriend for all of it.

"you're so beautiful," corbyn whispered, placing a gentle kiss on mollie's forehead before resting his head beside hers, "i love you so much."

a/n

when i said hiatus, i didn't mean my comfort book.

although i kinda did but i'm dipping again lol some people on this app test my patience fr

anyway, 7 chapters </3