052; what dylan did

third person.

it seemed like the girl had somehow gone in a complete loop, from hitting rock bottom and eventually getting better, she was now sat at the kitchen island as the time had just gone two in the morning, staring at the kitchen cabinets.

and she felt bad about it, seeing corbyn so happy and enthusiastic over her little achievements that had now felt like a waste, she didn't want to let the boy know that she felt low again, especially since she knew he'd be worried.

yet her hearing seemed to be focused on the small argument happening outside between max and astrid, just now coming back from their date night.

and as the slight yelling seemed to be getting louder, mollie knew they were only going to come inside the house and argue with each other, it was just a matter of finding out why.

"astrid," max said as the two walked through the door, "it's not a big deal."

"that we've had these plans for over a year and now suddenly we can't because you have to stay here for your sister?!" she replied, folding her arms and looking at him, neither of them noticing the girl sat in the dark just a few feet away.

"she's a lovely girl max and i really like her company but you need to stop letting an eighteen year old girl control your life," she continued as max shook his head.

"it isn't that simple-"

"i've been here since she was 15," astrid interrupted the boy, "i've seen you cry over being so distant from her and watched her open up to you, i think i understand it all."

"just give it a few more years," max suggested, "just so mollie can at least get on her-"

"she has-"

"can you stop interrupting me?!"

"this is the last time i'm going to let something like this slide," she shook her head, "your education, your social life, any university plans, everything had to be sacrificed for her, aren't you mad about that?"

"no..?" max furrowed his eyebrows.

"mollie has julie!" astrid argued, "we can go to england."

"and what happens when nana and grandpa get too ill to be there for her?"

"then.." the girl shrugged, "i don't know."

max sighed while the two fell into a silence, mollie still listening from the counter despite how bad she was trying not to.

"you'd rather stay here than do what we had planned because of your sister..?" astrid folded her arms and looked up at him.

"..i'm all she has," max shrugged as he sighed.

astrid shook her head, running her fingers through her hair while max glanced down at the ground, "you seriously need to get your priorities straight."

"what?" he looked up at her.

"you're 21 max, get your priorities straight."

"get out," he nodded his head towards the door yet soon decided to go and open it for her himself.

"get out?"

"you've been with me long enough to know my priorities," max argued, "she's one of them."

"right but she can't possible be your top-"

"astrid, get out." he interrupted her, "i love you but i want you to respect what i'm doing, you need to know why i'm not going to england."

"you said julie forced it," she replied, walking towards the door, "you said you were going to go anyway?"

"shit happened," he shrugged, "i can't right now."

"your sister blocked you out her life for four years and you'd still rather be there for her and not me? i've never blocked you out my life."

"no but you're talking bad about mollie," max looked at her, "she had her reasons, i'm staying with her."

"oh my god," astrid mumbled, walking out of the door with her car keys in her hand, "why don't you start acting like a man instead of a boy?"

"good night," he smiled slightly, slamming the door shut as mollie jumped slightly.

as max went to turn on the light to the kitchen and the main hall, he turned himself around and stopped once he saw mollie sitting there, her hand pointed towards the countertops.

"how much did you-"

"all of it."

"i'm sorry," he sighed, walking over to her and taking a seat on the stool she was sat beside, "i didn't realise you were there."

"did you just break up with her?" mollie asked, looking up at him as he shook his head.

"no, i'll go apologise tomorrow."

"it wasn't your fault."

"she'll expect me to-"

"it wasn't your fault." mollie interrupted him to repeat her sentence, "she should've respected your decisions."

"yeah but it's fine mollie," max shrugged, "telling her on a date night was my mistake, i'm sorry for what she said."

"also what the fuck does she mean by acting like a man and not a boy?" the girl furrowed her eyebrows, "they're the same thing."

"nooo," he laughed, "there's a big difference. but for an example, dylan acts like a boy and corbyn acts like a man."

"how'd you know about what dylan did..?"

"i don't..." max looked at her confused, "you just mentioned he's immature once."

"oh, right."

"what did he do?"

"nothing-"

"mollie," max said, "what did dylan do? did he kiss you?"

"something like that," she slowly nodded, "a little more than just a kiss."

"when?"

"new years," mollie mumbled, scratching the back of her neck as max put his head in his hands, "he thinks all i can remember is the kiss but.. i can picture all of it."

"did you sleep with him?" max looked at her as she shook her head, "so it wasn't that."

"no, no," mollie shook her head, "it was just a kiss and then- this is really weird to be telling you."

"tell corbyn then," he shrugged.

"are you crazy? do you want him to be arrested for murder?"

"he won't murder him-"

"he'll try," the girl interrupted her brother before nervously laughing, "i can tell nicole but what's that going to do? i can't do anything about it now."

"you didn't consent to any of it?" max asked her.

"i was high and drunk," she said, "there was no way i could've consented and i wouldn't ever say yes to him."

"why don't you tell cara?"

"i might just tell corbyn," she shrugged, "a little worried for how he'll react but i also know he won't let it slide."

"just tell cara or corbyn," max smiled slightly, patting her head before he stood back up, "anyway why are you by yourself at two in the morning?"

"because corbyn's asleep and i was sad," mollie explained, "emphasis on was but i'm going to go back to bed now."

"alright," he raised one eyebrow, "good night..?"

"night," she nodded once, quickly heading up the stairs.

a/n

so dylan 😐