002; not a softie

third person.

"sorry i just got out the shower," corbyn said as the facetime call connected, placing his phone up against the wall before drying his hair with his towel, "you look sad."

"i'm fine," she shrugged, biting her nails as the boy sighed and looked at his phone.

"what's wrong?"

"nothing," mollie shook her head, "how are you?"

"i'm good." corbyn smiled slightly, "three more weeks and then i get to see you again, i'm very excited."

"me too," the girl replied as his smile fell.

"did you have a bad day?" he asked, picking up his phone and walking over to his bed as mollie shrugged, "it would help if you would talk about it."

"i don't want to talk about it because you'll just come up with some silly solution like you always do," she explained as the boy laughed slightly and shook his head.

"i won't. i'll just listen," he told her, "i'm all ears princess."

"i just feel like my roommate hates me," mollie replied as corbyn furrowed his eyebrows, "she's so talkative and outgoing and i'm just so blunt, she probably thinks that i hate her."

"she noticed that i wasn't talking as much so we had a small conversation but she went out to get food and i just think she doesn't like me," she continued.

"that doesn't mean she hates-"

"you said you wouldn't come up with a silly solution," mollie interrupted the boy.

"alright," he sighed, "you didn't go with her to get food?"

"no," she shook her head, "i ate, before you ask."

"you're such a liar." corbyn said, "you do know when you lie you look to the ground, don't you?"

"shut up," she smiled slightly, "i'll eat later."

"no you won't." the boy raised his eyebrows, "try eat something now."

"i hate you," the girl stood up, grabbing one of the chocolate bars from one of her draws before resting her phone against her lamp, "i'm not even hungry."

"a few squares at least," he told her, watching her unwrap the bar before she stared at it for a few seconds, "baby don't overthink it."

"here i'll tell you about my day while you're eating so you don't get overwhelmed," corbyn suggested, "i hung out with jonah and daniel today and we decided to go and prank zach, right? so we drove to his place and we found out he was home alone. and daniel being the genius he is, he had the idea of us banging on zach's bedroom window."

"so of course we managed to climb onto the roof right outside his bedroom window and i started hitting his window and he," corbyn paused, bursting into laughter at just the thought of it while mollie tiled her head slightly, breaking another square off of the chocolate bar, "sorry it's so funny, i was banging on the window and he fell off his bed."

"you bully zach too much," mollie replied, "he's the sweetest boy i've ever met."

"he's easy to scare," the boy said, still trying to contain his laughter, "anyway, that was my funny story for the day."

"it wasn't very funny," the girl shook her head, "if you did it to jack maybe i'd find it funny but not to poor z."

"oh hush you're so boring," he rolled his eyes, "how much did you eat?"

"like four squares," mollie said, "but now i feel sick so fuck you."

"i'm just glad you ate something," corbyn gave her a small smile, "also wanna know something fun i'm doing?"

"what?"

"i started songwriting."

"you did?" mollie raised her eyebrows and nodded, "when?"

"last night," corbyn said through a laugh, grabbing his newly brought notebook and showing it to the girl, "it's all in this."

"i bet all you've written is there is your name and something kinky," mollie suggested as corbyn shook his head, opening up the notebook and showing her a page full of lyrics, just far away enough from the screen so that the girl couldn't read them.

"you're wrong idiot." he gave her a sarcastic smile before holding up his middle finger, "fuck youuuu."

"ok but my guess was pretty accurate."

"yeah true," corbyn shrugged, "but see i got a whole song there, i'm going to be the next biggest singer of all time."

"can you even sing?" she asked him.

"don't know, never tried to." he shrugged once more, "and i'm definitely not going to try sing with you around because you will make fun of me."

"i make fun of you anyway," mollie smiled, "you get offended easily."

"it's called being sensitive, princess."

"you are the complete opposite of sensitive, i have never seen you cry."

"you've seen my eyes water though," corbyn reminded her as she shrugged.

"that's not crying-"

"i've seen you cry."

"god don't remind me," she shook her head, "i hate people seeing me cry."

"because you like to act all tough but you're actually a softie." the boy told her as she rolled her eyes.

"i'm not a softie-"

"well-"

"besson." mollie interrupted him as he immediately went quiet, closing his eyes and biting his lip slightly, "oh god."

"princess don't be saying that," corbyn shook his head, "now we're going to have to have phone sex."

"no we are absolutely not," she raised her eyebrows, "it's not my fault you're horny all the time."

"well actually if you didn't go and call me besson this wouldn't be a problem right now," he replied before shrugging, "because now i have no one to make out with for another three weeks."

"shame," mollie sarcastically said, "oh well."

"i swear to god when i next see you we will have a problem."

"that's cute," she smiled, "can we stargaze?"

"...yes," he slowly nodded, "we can."

"great, that's fine then."

"cool." corbyn smiled, "ok i should probably go because i'm supposed to be looking after ashley's bunny, text you later?"

"ok." mollie mumbled, her smile dropping as corbyn sighed slightly.

"just three more weeks, it'll be fine." he reassured her, receiving a small nod, "i love you."

"love you too-"

"uh excuse me where is the i to that?"

"i love you too." the girl corrected herself, "i'm sad please don't go."

"softie." corbyn said under his breath, a small smile on his face as mollie rolled her eyes, "i'll call you tomorrow morning before class, alright?"

"mhm."

"ok, bye." he frowned, ending the call.

a/n

BABIES I JUST 🥺🥺🥺

also i didn't proof read this so if it doesn't make sense ummm idk what to tell u ok i'm not having a good day pls don't make fun of me for messing up like u always do