006; clingy is cute

third person.

"a lot of people actually don't understand me," cara said as her and mollie walked to her stargazing spot, a picnic basket is cara's hand, "i lost so many friends after freshman year of high school because i lost myself but i'm better than how they treated me so it's good."

"now i'm better than i ever was and i always feel so good about myself," she smiled, stopping in the middle of the rooftop as she laid down the blanket and placed the basket down, "sorry i talk too much, i don't mean to be rude."

"no i actually like it," mollie shrugged, "i don't like to talk much so it works out."

"but you're not put off by how much i talk are you?" cara asked as she shook her head, "if i ever do upset you or make you uncomfortable just tell me."

"you're fine, don't worry." mollie reassured her as she slowly nodded, quickly changing the subject before cara opened up the basket of food she had bought, which had made mollie slightly nervous.

"i still don't know what food you eat," she began before slowly looking at her, "or if you do eat because i don't think i've seen you touch a single piece since we met."

"do you?" she asked as mollie froze for a second, "sorry that probably put you on the spot um, do you like struggle with eating or do you just not like to eat around people? either thing i can understand."

"oh." mollie replied, noticing the slightly concerned expression on her roommates face, "um."

"if you don't wanna tell me it's ok," she quickly said, "i just wanted to know because i bought food and i should've checked it through with you first but-"

"i don't really," the girl interrupted her, "i don't really eat too much."

"is it like- wait sorry no i don't want to be rude."

"you can ask, i don't mind."

"i was going to ask if it was like a disorder? or if it's just you don't get hungry often?" cara furrowed her eyebrows, "does that make sense?"

"uh yeah, disorder type thing." mollie nodded.

"ok." cara slowly nodded, "if it makes you feel less anxious about telling me i struggle sometimes too, not like a disorder but sometimes i do just not want to eat. i know it's not like anywhere near as close to what you struggle with but i just thought it might make you feel more comfort- anyway the food."

"did you eat today?"

"no," mollie shook her head, "did you?"

"i had a mcflurry," she smiled slightly, "it wasn't much but oh well, do you want to eat now?"

"i will if you will." mollie suggested, tucking her hair behind her ear as cara nodded, just before the girl's phone started going off as she noticed it was her boyfriend calling, "wait i need to talk to him."

"go for it," she nodded.

answering the phone call and holding her phone to her ear, a small smile grew on mollie's face before she stood up and walked a few steps away from where the blanket was laid out, "hi."

"you gonna tell me to fuck off or are we good?" the boy joked before he burst into laughter, causing the girl to roll her eyes, "i'm the funniest person i know, anyway hi."

"hi besson."

"ugh fuck you,"

"i'm sure you'd love to." she said as the boy went silent.

"you're so right," corbyn sighed, "10 days and i can."

"if you receive consent, you mean." mollie reminded him.

"of course princess, who do you think i am?"

"a fuckboy," she suggested, trying to hold back her laughter.

"you're pushing it molls," corbyn told her, "have you eaten?"

"uh yeah me and cara were just about to." mollie nodded, despite the fact that he couldn't see her do so, "why'd you call?"

"to talk to my favourite person in the world." he replied before mollie smiled, "but fine if you're busy."

"shut up," she rolled her eyes, "i'll call you back later."

"bet, i will take a nap." corbyn replied, "make sure you eat enough and not just a few bites, ok?"

"mhm."

"alright, call me back whenever you can."

after saying her goodbye to the boy and putting her phone back into her pocket, mollie went and sat back down opposite cara, who had already opened up a few of the things she had bought along with them.

"sorry he's clingy." mollie said as cara shrugged.

"clingy is cute." cara smiled slightly, "ok so do you like oreos?"

"yes, a lot."

"ok perfect because so do i," cara said through a small laugh, "oh i bought pasta in like a pot that keeps heat in - i don't know what they're called but i got two forks so do you want to share that?"

"sure," mollie slowly nodded, her heart beat picking up pace slightly before she took a few deep breaths, which cara had soon picked up on as she looked at her.

"here," she said, handing mollie one of the forks before grabbing a two smaller tubs from the basket and putting a smaller portion of the pasta into the two tubs, "i'll go first so it's not as um, whatever the word is, intimidating?"

"probably," the girl shrugged as cara nodded and smiled, handing mollie the tub with the smaller portion before grabbing hers and taking a mouthful of pasta.

and so as the night went on and more stars had appeared in the sky, both of them managing to finish their small tubs of pasta they eventually laid down and looked up at the sky, spending a few hours side by side and talking.

by the end of the night when they were gathering up their things, the pair soon found out they were more similar than they had realised, and that they were much closer than how they were just when the sun was setting.