049; she'll be okay

third person.

silence filled mollie's hospital room, the only person being awake at the time was max. julie and eugene had left a little over five hours ago, having a sudden emergency to be taken care of and trusting their grandson with the care of their granddaughter.

and so he did, sat in the only chair in the hospital room and the only thing he could hear was the multiple machines beeping, his leg bouncing up and down as he did so.

he had considered calling corbyn, more times than once. but the fear of corbyn seeing the girl and not thinking the same of her anymore seemed to take over max's body. he knew that it shouldn't be his problem, but after watching multiple people leave the girl's life for this same reason, he couldn't risk the one she cared about most.

however he knew that he couldn't keep the boy waiting any longer for a simple update, and seeing the girl would probably calm corbyn down more than he thought, and so he had soon grabbed his phone and sent the boy a text, telling him to come visit.

while waiting for him to arrive, max kept his gaze fixed on his sister with a worried frown on his face. it was more than obvious to him that mollie felt bad about holding him back from things he wanted to do, but deep down max had never really cared about any of his actual goals, because he always put his sister above himself.

from sacrificing his education at a young age and go straight to trying to earn money, to stepping up and being the mature one in their little duo. everything he did was to help her out and somehow he still felt like he failed with it.

but as soon as a knock was at the door and max turned his head towards it, corbyn walked into the room and before anything else, his droopy eyes went straight to mollie.

"do you want to sit?" max asked him as he shook his head.

"i can stand, you look tired so you should sit." corbyn shrugged, being unable to look his way and still keeping his stare on mollie, "has she woken up at all?"

"once or twice," max nodded as corbyn crossed one ankle over the other, "i'm sorry for not telling you sooner."

"it's fine," he shook his head, "i figured that you were trying to focus on making sure mollie was fine, i get it."

"do you mind if you just sit with her for a few minutes while i go get a drink?" max asked him before he stood up, "i'm so thirsty."

"go for it, take a break." corbyn nodded and gave him a small smile, watching max quickly leave the room as he took a seat in the chair, turning back to mollie, "molls.."

"fuck," he mumbled, letting out the deep breath he had held in from when he first saw her.

the boy shook his head, leaning back in the chair and tilting his head back before it rested against the wall, sat in shock that all of this was happening.

the last time before corbyn had seen mollie, she seemed fine. the girl had a smile on her face and even managed to have a few things to eat, and the last conversation they had over text wasn't anything to be worried about either.

she had never let him know what was on her mind that evening. she never told him how she really felt that day.

but yet mollie was still lying on that hospital bed, both of her forearms wrapped in bandages and her complexion pale, the only thing bringing corbyn a sense of hope was the fact that her breathing was still even and her heart rate was still normal.

and as max came back into the room, he had bought another chair with him, placing it down beside corbyn and sitting down, handing him a drink as he did so.

"oh, thanks." corbyn smiled slightly, "where's julie?"

"they had an emergency to take care of," max replied, "that makes them sound like terrible grandparents but they know that i'm still here watching her and they'll be back tonight, it's fine."

"and how are they?"

"nana isn't the best but she's coping," he shrugged, "and grandpa hasn't really processed it, he's upset about it but not to the extent of me and nana."

corbyn nodded, a frown now growing on his face as he quickly wiped one of his eyes to avoid the worry from max, "she'll be okay, right?

"yeah," max nodded once more, "the doctor said uh, she can be let out in a few more days because they can tell she feels really anxious here, but they said once she does they're going to try and set her up with a therapist..."

"oh."

"i'm slightly worried about that," max nervously laughed, "but they said she'll be fine, just need to keep an eye on her at all times, which means i probably can't work for a few weeks."

"i'll stay and watch her," corbyn suggested, "i'm up for living at yours for a few weeks if you're happy for me to, just so you can still work and make sure mollie is cared for."

"are you sure..?"

"i'm sure," he quickly nodded, "i can do everything, i promise she will not go out of my sight."

"i trust you, it's fine." max smiled slightly, "it's just i don't want to make it seem like i'm forcing you to."

"no, no no i'll gladly take care of mollie," the boy told max, "i'll stay as long as you need me to, i swear."

"thank you." max let out a sigh of relief, "that also means convincing her to see a therapist."

"i'll try my best," corbyn smiled before the two let out a small laugh, turning their heads back over to mollie.

a/n

double update asffff

also ik this wasn't that much focused on mollie but like it's still here and she's still present so sh thank u