012; we're in public

third person.

sitting beside a lake just as the sun began to set, mollie and corbyn had been talking almost all afternoon. from their own college experiences to corbyn explaining his weird dreams, they were happy to be back in each other's company alone again, before mollie would return to new york again for another three weeks.

"do you believe in aliens?"

"that's a weird question to just ask," mollie looked up at her boyfriend confused, watching him shrug before taking a sip of his drink, "can i have context?"

"nope," he shook his head, "do you believe in aliens?"

"no..?"

"what the hell?" corbyn furrowed his eyebrows before looking at her, "why?"

"you didn't even give me context," mollie rolled her eyes.

"why would you need context for that kind of question? aliens are so cool," corbyn told the girl as she tilted her head at him.

"you've met one?"

"of course i have," the boy smiled, "you."

"i'm not an alien-"

"you are. you're weird." he interrupted her, "and you're annoying."

"i'm the annoying one?" she asked him as corbyn paused for second before slowly nodding, "you never shut up."

"considering half the time you don't like to talk i think that actually does a lot of favours in our conversations," corbyn explained, noticing the glare the girl was now giving him as he sent her a smile back.

"but all you talk about is stupid shit like aliens," mollie smiled as the boy shrugged, grabbing a cookie from the small bag he had bought with him and splitting it in half, "and aliens are not real."

"have you seen one?" he asked her as she shook her head, "then how do you know that for sure?"

"you literally just answered your own question." mollie put her head in her hands, hearing the boy laugh slightly before staring down at his phone screen.

"by the way," corbyn soon said, changing the current subject of aliens as he bit into the cookie, "are you home for thanksgiving?"

"mouth closed." mollie replied as he rolled his eyes and finished what he was eating before continuing to speak, "i should be here, why?"

"because it's my birthday that week." the boy said, "and i want to see you for that."

"oh yeah, what do you want for your birth-"

"sex."

"thanks that's so helpful," mollie sighed, "what else?"

"i don't know," he shrugged, "i just want you to be here, and also because my mom wants to know if you and your gang wants to have thanksgiving with us."

"my gang?"

"yeah i don't really know what to refer it to," corbyn shrugged before he laughed slightly, "like, i can't say parents."

"do they know about all that?" mollie asked, "because i don't want it to be awkward."

"they know." he nodded, "i told them when they asked and they said that whoever you want to come can come, i think mom just wants to see you to be honest."

"so max, nana and grandpa?"

"sure thing," corbyn replied, "i'm sure they'll be excited to meet your grandparents."