021; don't make me cry

( TW!!! mentions of self harm )

third person.

the 25th of november came around quicker than expected and since everyone was finally in town, the party went ahead despite how badly it was raining that night.

many, many people had come along. people who were friends with the boy and people who found the boy attractive, a friend of a friend and people he never spoken to before, everyone turned up for the boys 19th and his house was more than overfilled.

and although it was his birthday, since the night started he had not touched a drop of alcohol and his car keys were glued to his back pocket, talking to people and thanking them for coming to celebrate him.

walking up to his group of friends, corbyn soon furrowed his eyebrows as he pointed towards daniel, "..why do you have a bowl of frosted flakes?"

"oh, i got hungry," daniel shrugged, shoving a spoonful into his mouth, "i'll pay you back."

"don't worry about paying me back i was just confused," he laughed, "where's zach?"

"not coming," charlie replied, "he said happy birthday though."

"oh," corbyn slowly nodded, "where's mollie?"

"she went off somewhere," jonah folded his arms and shrugged, "i think she went to your room."

"why? did someone upset her?"

"i just don't think she wants to be at the party," nicole told the boy, "but she said she didn't want anyone bothering her."

"i don't think that includes you though." jack told corbyn as he slowly nodded, leaving the group and heading towards the stairs.

"why did he just not give a shit about zach not being here?" daniel sighed, "he does know it's because of him doesn't he?"

"he couldn't care less about zach to be honest," olivia sighed, "he'll realise eventually."

reaching the stairs and heading up them, the music was eventually dying down and the amount of people was decreasing thoroughly, until he got stopped by rosie.

"happy birthday corbyn," rosie smiled as he nodded and thanked her, "are you in a rush to hook up with someone?"

"no?" he looked at her confused, "i'm just going to see mollie."

"i'm pretty sure she went into your room with some guy," ella added on as corbyn's face soon fell, and instead an angry expression appeared, "unless it was someone else but she had some converse on and a black dress, might've been her."

"i swear to fucking god." he mumbled, quickly heading down the hall and grabbing the handle to his door, wasting no time in opening it as mollie jumped and turned her head towards the door, "oh."

"what?" mollie asked him, sat in the room by herself with the lamp beside the boys bed shining enough light for her to be able to see.

"ella said you were in here with someone."

"and we listen to ella since when?"

"i don't know i panicked," he shrugged, walking into the room and closing the door behind him, "why are you in here by yourself?"

"i just didn't," mollie paused, wrapping her arms around herself and covering the inside of her wrists, "i didn't want to socialise, i don't know."

"are you cold?" corbyn tilted his head, "or are you just trying to hide something?"

"what would i be trying to hide?" she asked him, a small yet nervous smile on her face as he walked towards her, "do you want your birthday present?"