•19•

November 16th 2011

"Okay, can you put your hand on your hip? And be less sexy, this is for school for gods sake!" Danny joked making me blush.

"So, explain the theme to this?" I asked as I situated the pineapple in my other hand.

"Exotic, tropical. Bahamas mama." I laughed at the last suggestion at the exact moment the camera flash went off.

"Sorry Danny!" Danny waved it off.

"We have enough serious shots. I guess its okay for you to have more emotions."

"How about frightened?" I jumped at the sound of Ross' voice, and turned to see him in the most hilarious outfit.

" What is his theme?! Granny smith?" I flicked at Ross' powdered wig laughing. And Danny took more shots as I tried grabbing for the wig and he kept slapping at my hands.

"No, he asked if I could do 1800's." Danny chuckled and shook his head.

"I was joking about the wig man." Ross ripped off the wig glaring at Danny.

"So what's going on now?" I gestured towards me and Ross. Danny smiled thoughtfully.

"I'm supposed to merge different eras. You're more modern, exotic. While Ross over here, is historic and old fashioned. By combining the two separate eras I am creating a whole new idea to get the people thinking." I nodded a bit, then turned towards Ross.

"So you old man, lets get this started." I gave the pineapple back to Danny and awaited for him to situate us.

We were using the gym to set up the green screen, and Danny had a number of props.

He grabs the Red velvet arm chair and placed it in the middle of the green screen. He then drags Ross over and sits him on the chair, making one of his legs hang off of the arm of the chair, while the other is planted on the floor. Then Danny leads me over to stand behind the seat, and angles my head at a 45 degree angle, and rests one of my hands on Ross' shoulder.

"Okay Cass, this is going to be like the first set I did. Just start off serious and fade into different poses." I nodded at his direction and lost myself within this, I don't know... acting experience?

Without thinking I changed positions for the third time and sat on Ross' lap and messed with the buttons on his costume.

" Okay, hold on, I want to play a different angle." Danny said. He told me and Ross to get out of the seat and he went to go search for a different prop.

"You're really good at this." Ross' voice startled me.

"I'm just doing what he says. Its not that hard." I shrugged brushing his complement off.

"But you're acting so... professional about it." He kept on.

" Shut up." I laughed.

" Come on, you're still mad at me and everything, and yet you made no hesitation to sit on my lap."

"Well I wasn't mad at you, until you brought it up. Speaking of which. How is Britney?" Ross looked down at the floor making me sigh.

"You know what? You don't have to tell her. And I'm not going to either. You know why? Because I'm fucking tired of all this drama that is constantly occurring all because of you. I should've just went to a freaking foster home. Maybe I could've avoided being raped for the second time-"

"Stop!" Ross interrupted. "You're tired? Honestly, have you really been present throughout these events? I have been like a fucking slave to you, being at your beck and call and your own personal therapist, and no matter how bad you treat me I still stay up until two am just in case if you have a nightmare." He yelled

I huffed. "Well-  I-I didn't ask for any of this okay, I never asked you to do those things for me." He looked me dead in the eye.

"Then how would you feel if I just stopped? What if I just stopped caring?" My heart dropped and I contained the tears that were threatening to overflow.

Heart broken,

I would feel as if my hole being had just been tossed out a fifty story building, set on fire, then ran over by a herd elephants.

"Okay, I got this cool hammock thing here and I also have a wardrobe change for the both of you." Danny walked in the room holding two garment bags but instantly stopped feeling the tension in the room.

"Can we take a rain check, I- I have to go." I ran out before Ross could see my tears, but I was too late.

"Cass! Wait!" He stopped me by the lockers, the hallways empty because of the after school hours.

"I get it. I know, you don't have to do all those things for me." I dismissed and tried walking away again, but he grabbed my wrist.

"I will always care about you. I have just been so confused, I-I just don't know how I'm going to tell Britney. I've never done something like this, and quite frankly, you bring out the worst in me." I frowned and shook my head.

"You don't have to tell her." Ross leaned down and touched our foreheads together.

" I do, for my sake, and yours." Before I can say something back he captures my lips in a kiss for the third time know.

But who's counting anyways?

I heard the screeching of the wrestling room door and quickly detached our lips to look at the intrusion. I sigh when I see its just one of the cheerleaders and I turn back to Ross. Who is as pale as a ghost.

" What's wrong?" I whispered. He grabbed my hand and dragged me out to the parking lot. We then got into the truck and Ross quickly started the car. But before he could back out and put my hand over his.

"Can you please explain to me what's going on?" Ross dropped his hand off the steering wheel and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"That was Britney's best friend."

Shit.