•74•

^^ look at my lame room tour lmao^^^
Ross POV

"Here let me help with that." Mama Vi came into my room, she couldn't stand watching me any longer as I struggled with my tie. She did it quickly, smoothing it out before turning me towards the mirror. "There, now look at you, my handsome boy." She pinched my cheek and I smacked her hand away making us both laugh.

"How much time do I have left?" I fixed my hair one last time, it's so long now.

"You have... five minutes if you want to be ten minutes early." She pushed her purse further up her arm, her formal wear wasn't very formal, and when I had teased her about this earlier she smacked me upside the head.

"Uh, okay, I'll be down there in a bit." I waved her off as I grabbed my phone.

"Don't forget your cap and gown."

"Oh, I wouldn't dare." I said sarcastically, when in reality I didn't even want to walk down the damn stage, but of course Vi tricked me into it by giving me Caspian's new phone number.

I just update her on new things, tell her how I'm doing, it's almost like a diary. But it's not like Cass gives a rats ass anyways, she has never responded, not even once, and each time I scroll through the messages I have sent her I die a little more inside at the sight of all the little words telling me she saw it, she just didn't care to respond.

This school year has honestly been the worst year of my life, I had hit the bottom, and I hit it so hard I bruised my ass. I wasn't a functional human being for a solid two months, I didn't do anything but breath, eat and cry. Because I didn't want to remember her.

But she was just unavoidable, so like a complete moron I embraced the fact that I was head over heels in love with her, I was able to look at her books with admiration rather than seething hatred. I was able to go into the attic of the school library without breaking down.

I couldn't forget her, besides, it's much easier to love someone than try to get over them. But I'm still just pathetically trying to justify my stupidity, I'm happy, sorta.

"I'm leaving for graduation in two minutes, I can't believe I'm done with high school."

I sent that but I looked over it before adding something to take the heaviness off.

"About goddamn time if you ask me."

There, short and simple. Rather than the five thousand word texts I had sent her in the beginning.

I got to the high school on time, everyone was eagerly chatting with each other as we started to get in alphabetical order. I was by the group of triplets along with their cousins, Lycindia's, they were all speaking Spanish which was great on my end, because I didn't have it in me to listen to anyone else's conversations about graduating.

About moving on.

Easier said than done. I mean look at me, six feet under the ground, I need to get out, but I'd rather be buried alive loving Caspian, than digging my way out trying to spend my life getting over her.

I was pushed forward and I was startled by the fact that the ceremony had started and we were all moving along, being set into our seats before finally our principal had began speaking.

After ten minutes of crap about separate paths, and success, the valedictorian and class president spoke next.

In my head I was thinking that if Caspian were still here it would just be her up there. She would've probably wrote her speech until last minute, and wouldn't let me get a peek because she'd want to surprise me.