•49•

October 16th 2012

"Damn." I looked towards the front door at Ross to see him shivering slightly.

"My car won't start, we'll have to take the bus." He muttered.

I nodded my head as I placed my bowl on the drying rack. "That's fine, it'll be here in five minutes anyways." I shrugged.

Why does he seem so pissed about it?

By the time the bus came Ross was already ahead of me and he was about to take a seat in the middle, but one of his friends in the back hollered his name.

"Ross! Hey bud haven't seen you on here in a while!"

Ross smiled towards his friend and started walking towards the back of the bus to sit by his friends, and I followed but paused as I saw there were no more seats left.

I looked towards Ross who wouldn't even meet my stare and I shook my head in disbelief as I went back towards the middle of the bus to sit by myself.

Ross never brings me around his teammates, and I never really cared about it because having a conversation with our schools football members doesn't really sound all that appealing.

But the fact that he didn't really look at me as he sat with him, and didn't acknowledge the fact that I was not sitting by him tells me that something is up.

"Hmm, Bumpy Roads, Ross what's up with the sign in front of your house?!" One of his teammates yelled.

"It's just a sign." I saw him shrug.

And then I remembered. On my first day of school he gave everyone the excuse that I lived in one of the houses next door, which isn't true, those kids in those houses don't even go to school.

He never wanted people to find out about his home life and the fact that he lived in a foster home.

"I'm gonna look it up on my phone." Another one said and Ross snapped his head towards him.

"Oh, I found something!" The kid was about to read the description from the website but Ross grabbed his phone and threw it towards the front of the bus, making everyone go quiet.

"You owe me a new phone you jackass."

Ross stood and walked towards my seat and looked back at him. "And you need to keep your fucking nose out of my business." He sat next to me making me roll my eyes. And I glanced back towards the guy to see he had someone else's phone in his hand and he caught my glance and he smirked before reading aloud.

"Bumpy Roads, a home for troubled teens. Bumpy Roads juvenile home is a great way to get a teen their needs since most are too close to 18 we do the reasonable thing and house them until they are ready to leave and start their own successful lives." He skimmed over the rest of the article then looked back towards Ross, then Finally his gaze settled on me.

"Ew, Ross is boning his sister!" He yelled.

I froze completely, out of all the shit I expected him to say, that was certainly not one of them, and suddenly I found myself trying not to laugh.

"Idiot, we don't even look a thing alike!" I shouted letting my laughs out.

I expected Ross to be dying with laughter with me, but actually he was seething with anger.

I didn't have time to calm him down as he was already hurling himself towards the back of the bus tackling him to the floor.

I knew better than to interfere, I'm not going to stupidly dive in there to break it up for Ross' sake, he's a grown boy, he makes his own damn choices.