•81•

Next flight out to Utah, I was sky bound. I arrived late, or well I guess early, 4am and I had profusely told Ross I could get a cab but he had insisted. So here I sat at the pick up/drop off zone waiting to see what he had described to me as a death trap on wheels, and sure enough I could hear his car coming around the corner. He pulled up beside me where I had stood on the curb and hurried to get out of his car.

"Hey." He breathed out wrapping his arms around me in a tight hug, I blinked in shock, and before I know it I'm gasping for air and shaking in his arms, desperately trying to keep it together. "Let's get out of here." He said quietly and all I could bring myself to do is nod.

The drive was quiet, and there was hardly any traffic, everything here just looks quaint in comparison to New York. But it gave off the same feel as Indiana, it felt homey and compact.

"So, how was your flight?" He broke the silence and I sighed.

"It actually went by pretty fast, I was asleep for most of it, haven't been sleeping well..." I looked out towards the window, to observe Ross' new life, we were cruising slowly down a cul-de-sac and he pulled into a cobblestone driveway. My brows pulled together in confusion as I saw the house we had stopped in front of.

It wasn't big, but it wasn't what you'd expect an almost second year college student to have. It was a Cape Cod styled house, complete with a white picket fence, if I didn't know any better I would've expected tiny Ross' greeting us by the gate.

This is a domestic dream house.

And suddenly I saw a flicker of a vision, it was me sitting on the front porch, and Ross beside me as he watered the grass, hand in hand, both laughing as two little black haired hazel eyed children frolicked in the sprinkles.

I put a hand on Ross' car to steady myself as I got out, and I shut my eyes tightly trying to forget the image that had graced me.

I have never once thought of my future in the sense of marriage, and all the things that come with it, so what the hell is up with my brains sudden urge to show me these things?

Ross took my bags for me as we went inside, and I was greeted with warmth and the smell of baked goods.

"You bought a house?" I finally asked. As I followed Ross though a hallway leading to an almost barren bedroom, besides the bed that looked untouched.

"Yeah, well my parents, they bought it for my birthday, I just pay for utilities." He shrugged placing my suitcases on the bed, before stepping back. "Would you like a tour?"

"Sure." My words weren't connected to my brain, I was just overstimulated with all these new things. I followed Ross out of the room, and he pointed to all of the doors in the hallway pointing out the guest bathroom, his bed room, and his office. The only thing my brain was really processing was the amount of brown he had in his house that just added to the cozy feeling, and towards the end of the tour I found it hard to keep my eyes open, but when Ross offered me something to drink I found a second wind.

So here we sat at his darling little breakfast bar, indulging in what might be the best wine I have ever tasted.

"So you're talking to your parents?"

"Uh, yeah, they actually reached out to me about half a year ago, it was awkward." He laughed, the sound making my stomach flip. "Well, it was actually my sister who told them to reach out to me." Ross nodded his head as I raised my brow. He hardly talked about his siblings, and now that I think about it, I didn't know one thing about them.

"Anything else new?" I lowered my lashes as I swirled my wine around in the glass. "Any lucky ladies?"

Ross smiled warmly at me before shaking his head. "No, my dating life is rather sad."