•21•

December 25th 2011

"Okay, close your eyes." I told Ross. Rolling his eyes he put his hands over them.

"I said you didn't have to get me anything." He mumbled.

"And I said the same thing but that wrapped present under your bed with my name on it determined the fact that I just had to get you something. Besides you'll love my present." I dropped his present on his lap and said he could open his eyes now.

He looked down to his lap quickly and froze.

"You don't like it? I thought it was too girly here I'll take them back." I reached for them but Ross slapped my hand away.

"You got me and art box?" He felt at it and let his hands run over where his name was neatly carved into it. I then panicked for his reaction on when he reads what's on the inside.

His hands reached for the latch and undid it quickly.

He hasn't noticed the backside of the lid yet because he saw the other thing I put in there.

"You had these?" He grabs both of the pictures that he once drew when I was in the hospital.

" You kinda ran out on me and left them there, sorry for invading." I twisted my hands around still awaiting for him to notice the writing.

" Now we're even." He joked, and I laughed along in a nervous laugh.

"What's that?" My heart sped up as he held the box closer to see what it read. He read it aloud making me blush.

"I am the sun
You are the moon
Two heavenly bodies
Drifting all alone
When I would rise
You would set
Passing each other by
In the celestial sky
Till that one day
When our paths did stray
Our worlds would collide
Crossing that great divide
We would crash into each other
Screaming for one another
Leaving stardust in our wake
From the meteor showers we would create
An earth shattering explosion
Leaving us so utterly broken
For a passion unspoken"

The room was silent. I held my breath and my fear.

Ross closed the box and stood abruptly and wrapped his arms around me, catching me off guard. I was completely frozen.

"Thank you, Cass, this means so much." Finally I hugged him back still in shock that I wasn't completely rejected.

We separated and I wiped at the corner of my eyes and Ross chuckled.

"Now it's time for your present." I sat down on my bed as he retrieved the gift from under his bed.

The medium sized box was wrapped in black wrapping and it had a blue bow on it. I looked up at Ross anxiously making him laugh.

"Go ahead."

I ripped at it quickly and and got the box opened to see T-Shirts.

The first being a Paramore one with heart butterfly vinyl. The second was also a Paramore tee so was the third and the fourth.

I looked up at Ross skeptically and he just smiled.

I looked at the bottom of the box to see an envelope.

I opened it quickly and pulled what ever was in it out carefully, only to drop it back in the box.

"Is this a fucking joke?" I looked at Ross with mixed emotions. I picked the envelope back up and brought two tickets out. I held my hand over my mouth and and started hysterically crying.