•92•

"You know, I thought we were invited as guests." April groaned as she pulled out more weeds. "I've been having flashbacks all day of my time spent here, you see that tree over there?" She pointed off by the banks. "That's where Ross and I frenched to avoid getting caught by Vi, but now that I look at it, we weren't very discreet." She laughed to herself and I laughed too, it's strange but April's company isn't that bad. She's a bit vulgar, she reminds me of how I used to be when I was here.

I've lost my spark.

"Well that fire pit," I pointed towards it and she eyed it curiously. "That's where Ross and I had our first date."

"Huh, there used to be a shed there, I wonder what happened to it?" Just as I was about to answer Ross came around the corner.

"You guys are still picking weeds?" He was shirtless, using his shirt as a head band to keep his hair out of his face, and he was in his old basketball shorts, his V lines on display, me and April both eyed him before making eye contact with each other.

"Shut up, you had the riding lawnmower." April waved him away as she walked back towards the house.

"We're not even done." I muttered. Being upset with her for leaving me alone with Ross.

"So how are things?" He asked, and I turned towards him raising my brow.

"Just fine, you?"

"I was going to tell you." He uttered. "About the engagement, but it just slipped away from me because being back here is just-"

"It's fine Ross, you don't have to tell me anything." I sighed. "But you're happy?"

"Yes, I'm very happy." He looked out over the field. "But Danielle isn't sure anymore." He said quietly making me look towards him.

"Is it because of me and April?" He nodded his head in response. And I shook my head in confusion. "Why didn't you tell her about us?"

"Because, it was much easier to explain that I was talking to a friend rather than an ex girlfriend. And I thought I wasn't going to see April ever again, but here she is, with this new attitude." He looked down towards me. "Almost reminds me of you." He mused.

"Yeah I thought so too." I laughed but it died out after awhile and me and Ross both looked back towards the fields. "You think we can manage to turn this dump into a wedding?"

"Yeah, after you use the weed killer." My eyes widened and he dodged my hand as it came out to whack him.

"You mean to tell me that I was on my hands and knees for hours only to find out that there's weed killer?!" I yelled as I ran after him and this went on for about twenty minutes, and in between us running around the yard like complete loons Ross had got ahold of the water hose.

"If you value your life even one bit, you will not pull that trigger." We were at a standstill in front of each other, without actually thinking I just ran the opposite way as fast as I could but it was no use as I felt the cold water douse my back. I didn't have time to process the shock as I had tripped over god knows what landing myself in the creak, which was at its highest point seeing as it rained the week before we came here.

I saw Ross sheepishly peek his head over the bank and I glared back at him. "Help me you Jackass."

"Ahh there's the Cass I know and lov-" Just as he put his hand out I yanked him in sending him falling towards the water, and after he got past the initial shock we were both acting like children splashing each other back and forth.

"Ross?" We both stopped as someone neared the bank, Danielle peeking her head over, almost doing a double take at our drenched state. "Oh, uh, sorry to ruin the fun, but... our plans?" She looked towards Ross expectantly, and he sat there panting like an idiot before realization dawned on him.