•95•

"Alright ladies if you look at your itinerary for today you can see THAT WE'RE FUCKING LATE!" April yelled from the bottom of the stairs and I stood with her. She decided to organize a bachelorette party, saying how it's the least she could do considering the fact that she's accosted the lives of 3 out of the 5 of us. The bridal party consists of VI's cousins, Renee and Gertrude, Piper, me, April.

Not exactly the wildest bunch, but with April's plans for today we're all about to get real close and personal with each other.

We got into two separate cars, April was driving Vi and her cousins, one of them has an oxygen tank that's necessary for her to live, so I had to drive with Piper and Danielle. Danielle's not apart of the bridal party but Ross was worried about her being by herself.

It was a short drive to a salon, it's the same one I came to junior year to get ready for prom, this is the salon that all the girls went to in high school.

Mani/pedi's and facials were first on the agenda. Vi's cousins were loud so the rest of us didn't feel the need to make our own noise. Which I was grateful for seeing as Danielle was sat right next to me and April.

"This is exactly what I needed." April sighed.

"Avoiding helping with the wedding really takes a lot out of you, doesn't it?" Danielle sasses and both Piper and I looked at her in surprise.

"Well shit. Couldn't have said it better myself." I laughed making April roll her eyes.

We walked out of that damn salon almost three hours later with matching nail polish besides Vi who we forced to get these huge ass acrylic nails. And besides the one comment that Danielle made, she was actually really funny. I found my stomach hurting from laughter as I drove them out to this ranch April planned for us to stay the night at. It was some sort of bed and breakfast, wine tasting combo.

I've never liked wine, mostly b I've never been relaxed enough to enjoy it. As soon as we went through the gates we were given a glass of champagne for starters. And we were toured around the dusty establishment then taken to the stables... to ride horses.

"Come on, y'all are a bunch of wimps!" April rounded about us on her own horse making me roll my eyes.

"Alright whatever." I looked towards Vi in surprise as she stepped up a stool and mounted the horse, with difficulty of course but once she was right side up everyone mock applauded her to which she rolled her eyes at. VI's courage seemed to stir the rest as they all began to attempt aside from me and Danielle.

I don't trust horses, that's my excuse for not saddling up. But what's her excuse?

I looked towards Danielle and she sighed as if reading my thoughts. "It's just not safe." Her brows pulled together as she watched the girls ride off.

"Horses are weird." I offered, and she shrugged. Making me look at her in confusion.

While the other girls got a view of the winery me and Danielle were taken to a lounge, where we were offered some expensive looking glasses of wine, I took it warily, because wine is just such a classy drink that I don't think I'm qualified for, while Danielle declined.

It was mighty awkward and after a solid ten minutes of us just wallowing in the tension I decided to get rid of it.

"So, how'd you meet Ross?" She seemed hesitant before she shrugged her shoulders.

"I came to the tavern during a show night, I didn't really pay attention to his bands performance because I was to busy arguing with this guy that was harassing me," She smiled. "And Ross came out of nowhere like a real hero and told him off."