•82•

"After awhile I just got really lazy with putting the dates up, so for the publication I had to make some up, they said it's better for consistency, because people are all about aesthetics these days." I hummed to myself as I grabbed another cookie, and Ross, who I was laying on wordlessly opened his mouth for a bite as we finished reading.

We didn't read the whole book page by page, we just merely skimmed along and relived some memories together.

There were more tears than laughter.

"I can't believe I haven't read it." He said quietly. "I mean, I know why I haven't, but this is actually really amazing, who knew you were this compassionate and smart." He teased and I sat up to hit him with a pillow.

"The whole state of Indiana knew, and with just my luck the whole world has found out." My hair fell in my face as I got lost in thought and Ross pushed it out of the way.

"Anything new media wise?" He asked sitting up too, we've made a real mess of pillows and blankets on his living room floor.

"My PR manager has been trying to contact me, TMZ is getting in on my crazy life and back story, and people are starting to come forward claiming to be certain characters from the book but all of them are phonies." I inhaled a shaky breath. "Someone went as far as to research hospital records for information about my mother." I sniffled. "I mean they were unsuccessful, but how fucked up is that?"

"So no leads to me?" He asked worriedly and I shook my head. "Then let's go out tonight."

"Wait what?"

"Well, you see, I have a gig tonight at a tavern, nothing big, my band isn't very mainstream or anything, we're very much underground, so you'd have no trouble staying hidden if you wear one of my hats." He started rambling and I was still sitting there in disbelief.

"Wait a second, you're in a band? Since when? And when the hell were you going to tell me this?!" Ross stopped talking and looked up at me sheepishly.

Shrugging he scratched the back of his neck, blush rising to his cheeks. "I didn't want to say anything because I still play the songs I wrote for you."

"Huh." I said quietly.

"Please don't make this weird." He put his hands over his face and I laughed.

"I didn't say anything!"

"You were going to." He accused.

"I wasn't."

"Caspian, I know you." He looked at me and I broke into a fit of laughter, and he just sat trying to fight off a smile.

"I'm so used to getting away with things with Keith." I said without thinking and I warily looked over at Ross to see his smile was still in place.

"It's okay Caspian, you're very close with him, I understand." Ross shook his head. "I mean he's practically all you had over there."

"Yeah, he really got me motived when I needed it. Well actually, he would get me out of the house by promising to buy me food, which explains my weight gain." I said nonchalantly and Ross looked at me perplexed.

"Weight gain?" He scoffed and I nodded my head.

"I'm not as small as I used to be."

"That's because your an adult now."

"Gah." I covered my ears making Ross cock his head at me. "I'm a young adult, adult is when your thirty, at the least."

"Listen you old woman." Ross began and I grimaced. "I'm asking you one more time, just give me a simple yes or no then we can move on with our day." I was reveling in how he had said our. "Do you want to come see my band tonight?"