•45•

July 24th 2012

"So, you have school during the summer?" I asked Amanda who briefly nodded as she read.

"Do you like it?" I asked perplexed.

She sighed closing her book. "I suppose. It's just extremely boring at times, I mean look at this book, it's bigger than my head, and I have to be finished with it by the end of this week!" She spoke animated, really peeved about the subject.

"Then don't finish it." I suggested shrugging.

"But I have to write an essay." She groaned.

"Don't write it."

She eyed me for awhile before sighing. "I could never. It would make my teacher upset." She looked towards her book and I laughed.

"Have you ever been to public school?" I asked amused and she shook her head. "Well, basically there's only a handful of students who actually please the teacher, the rest of us just piss em off." I chucked.

"Bad word." She said scrunching her nose.

"Oh hush, I've read books in your level, and they say worse words-"

"But they say it in a poetic sense." She argued.

"And who says the way I speak isn't poetic?" I challenged and she looked at me for a second before giggling.

"Make a poem with bad words." She laughed harder.

I raised my brow at her before shaking my head. "Putting me on the spot? Okay let's see."

I closed my eyes and breathed in.

"You eyes lure me in, with shitty promises of forever.
Your heart drew me in, with a hellish beat.
And lastly you spoke like a fucking sailor."

"Hmm, not worthy of a Nobel prize, but worthy of a poetry slam." Amanda shrugged and opened her book again.

"Oh my, your mom has the best soap in the bathroom!" Piper came out into the living room and sat beside me, and I could practically smell her lemony hands from here.

"Oh, and Ross texted me saying that he tried to call you."

I frowned pulling my phone out from the back of my pocket seeing my missed calls. "Oops, had it on silent."

"Who's Ross?" Amanda asked nosily.

"My boyfriend." I responded.

"Ooh, the guy who talks like a sailor?" She questioned making me laugh as I brought the phone to my ear.

"No, that poem wasn't about him." I snorted.

"Poem?" Piper looked at us confused.

"She said she could make her profanity poetic, and she did, in a sense." Amanda teased making me stick my tongue out at her as I went into the kitchen to speak in private.

Surprisingly this kid isn't a pain in the ass.

"Hmm, it went to voice mail." I frowned looking at my phone.

Ross has been too sweet to me these past two weeks ever since what went down from the note from my mother.

He still doesn't have a clue of what I said to her before she died, but I think he's read the letter. At first I was mad because I thought he was taking pity on me.

But I now know that he actually does care about me. So I let him have his way, and let him get away with being smotheringly cute and comforting.

But sometimes it just wasn't enough.