•1•

September 8th 2011

I dragged my large bag to the trunk of the worn out Toyota. I glance at my aunt again as she slams the door to the drivers seat. I make the wise decision of sitting in the back seat. I pull the brochure out of my pocket for the thousandth time.

Bumpy Roads juvenile home is a great way to get a teen their needs since most are so close to 18 we do the reasonable thing and house them until they are ready and prepared to leave to start their own successful lives. But we do have other options if you would much rather your teen to not stay till 18.

1) 1-6 month housing includes group sessions about acceptable behavior.

2) 1-4 year housing includes therapy sessions with Dr. Grant and group sessions.

3) Housing till 18 gives you both sessions and you have to stay in the commons house for your permanent stay.

I drop the pamphlet down mortified. I am going to be staying at fucking Bumpy Roads until I'm 18 because I'm such a fuck up. I leaned my head on the window holding back my tears. I already had all night last night to cry about this, so I'm not going to start right now.

I am Caspian, also known as Cass. I just turned 15 a couple months ago. I have been living with my aunt ever since I was 9 because my parents decided to move off to Cambridge Jamaica for research, but sadly the both got infected by a rare fungi, my father died last year and my mother is still getting treatments till this very day... My dad was cremated, my mother thought it'd be nice for me to have part of his ashes with me, so she sent me a necklace with a heart pendant, which when you open it reveals the ashes that is covered by glass, on the glass it says:

Let Go

I'm not exactly sure if that was supposed to motivational or not, but I treasure it. I look out my window to see a sign that says Bloomington, IN . I sighed knowing we were going to be at my new home in a matter of minutes. My eyes started to prickle. My aunt turned on a dirt road, we kept driving further out into the country, but it was still considered to be in the Bloomington area. We reached these three houses one in the middle clearly marked commons house. I literally almost started hyperventilating. My aunt got out quickly and went over to my side and wrenched open the door that I was leaning on. I fell to the dirt floor with a thud. I groan as I get up off the ground dusting myself off.

" You did this to yourself." My aunt reminded me as she dropped my duffle on the dirt road. I look at it for awhile before looking at her in the eyes. She gave me no emotions which made me upset.

"Why are you doing this? I already lost my parents." I say quietly as I was looking this woman in the eyes trying to get something out of her.

"Cass, I didn't ask for a kid in the first place! And you remember those rules we set down when you stepped foot in my house, you get 3 chances then you're out, you're lucky that I let you slide on the third time but i thought that meant you wouldn't screw it up, but here we are" She coldly stares back at me as she goes into her shirt pocket and pulls out a cigarette.

"But, you promised my dad, your brother, that you would take care of me." My voice was shaking as I tried to hold my tears back. She lit the cigarette and scoffed.

"Promises were made to be broken." She took a long drag and blew it in my face.

"You hag." I pick up my bag and start dragging it towards the commons house, but as I was walking away my aunt yelled to me.

"See ya when your 18 Cass!" Feeling bold I put my hand up high in the air flipping her off. I hear her tires roll away on the dirt path. When I reach the porch to the commons house I freeze. This is it, my new home. I lift my hand hesitantly and give 3 raps on the door. I hear foot steps, the door swings open and I'm greeted by a girl who looks 12.