•76•

Caspian's POV Five months prior

"Now if you'll turn your attention to Keith as he presents his project I'll be walking around to gather your essays." Everyone in the room seemed to exhale in relief. I put some of my things away, leaving my essay out, crisp and printed as of two weeks ago.

I really have to stop skipping ahead, it makes me look like a smart ass.

"Uh, hi, my name is Kieth, and as an out of country student it's mandatory for me to do introductions for my classes. I was born and raised in Stockholm Sweden-"

I looked up to see a very tall muscular guy, his brown hair was perfectly quiffed, and the sweater he was wearing showed his figure off nicely.

"I am fluent in six languages, such as English, Spanish, and French-"

His PowerPoint had various pictures of himself, the pictures from his adolescence made me begin to chew on the inside of my cheek to keep from smiling.

"Now a lot of you may be wondering as to why a foreigner is taking a government class, but it's simply because I'm fascinated with democracy." Everyone in the room laughed at that.

Keith went on with things about his home and everyone in the room was entranced with him.

"Yeah, I had to take a ferry to-" And suddenly all my senses were just registering blue! Blue! Blue! As he had made eye contact with me.

"I uh, I had to take a f-ferry to school." He continued. Making eye contact with me every now and then, and by the end of class I was a hot mess.

As soon as we were dismissed I darted out the doors, practically gasping for air. Never in my life had I ever been affected by someone so... severely.

"Hey, I didn't get your name." I turned to see Keith, his smile seeming to brighten up this rainy day.

"Uh, sorry, it was stuffy in there." I held out my hand. "I'm Caspian."

"Well obviously I'm Keith." He laughed, shaking my hand. "Caspian, such a beautiful name, like the sea?"

I blushed and looked away. "No, uh, it was the name of a prince, in the Chronicle's of Narnia." I shrugged. "My parents were bookworms."

"Ah, I see." He nodded, releasing my hand and stepping back. "Well Caspian, I'm sorry, but I have to go to another class. It was nice meeting you, hopefully we could talk again another time."

"Yeah, I'd really like that." I could no longer look him in the eyes, and I was graciously happy as he had finally walked away and I was able to breathe properly.

Going back to my dorm that night I had lied there, all of my coursework forgotten as I pathetically thought about Keith.

It was stupid, to just lie here like a little girl fantasizing us maybe going to the movies. But in the back of my mind I knew exactly what this was, finally there was someone who I didn't see Ross in. If anything this guy is the exact opposite of Ross. Brown haired, blue eyed and Swedish. Things Ross will never be.

Is that why I can't stop thinking about him? To ease the pain of thinking about Ross?

Just as I thought that my phone had buzzed and I sat up to check it.

Ross: *Today kinda sucked, I had two exams today, but it could be worse.*

As I read this, it was only a dull ache. And I longed to make the pain fade completely away like how quickly it had subsided today.

•••
2 months pass

"Do you want to hang out tonight?" Keith had put his bag over his shoulder and I just merely shrugged.