•80•

As a child, I'm not going to lie, I had once dreamt of being famous.

Now I don't know if what is going on now classifies as fame, if so, what the hell was I thinking?

As I walked down the Boulevard out from Darbin's office I was bombarded by press, having to push through their crowds as they screamed in my face asking questions.

Last week I finally moved out of the dorms getting myself an apartment in the east end of town, a small gated community that has mostly gay tenants, that had all insisted to give me some form of house warming present.

And after living here for awhile my house started to get cluttered with fan mail. The first batch I had gotten was actually really humbling as well as heartwarming, but as I started to receive more shipments they just contained the same things.

I love your story, who's Ashton?

I sighed throwing myself back onto my bed only to groan a second later as my phone had rung. "Give me a break." I whined picking it up.

"Calling to remind you that we have an interview today with The View." There was a pause. "You better not be laying down." Janice chastised.

"Nope, totally not." I stretched out giving out a hearty sigh.

"A driver will be over there within the hour, and would it kill you to wear that outfit I got you at your book release party?"

"Alright Janice, you got it." I hung up on her before she could ruin my mood any more than she had already.

I was in a funk. Coming down from the high of getting published due to the fact that I'm being bombarded every waking minute of my life with questions about the story.

I haven't really written anything new in weeks, how could I call myself a writer if I can't write?

***

"Thank you for coming!" All of the cheery women took their seat pointing me toward the one on the end.

"Thanks for having me." I said timidly, my migraine I had adopted on the ride over here was showing no mercy under all the stage lights.

"So how are you, anything new, I heard you go to Columbia, my niece applied but they said something along the lines of maybe next year."

One of the other ladies patted my hand. "You must be one smart egg." Her voice was like she was encouraging a child and I just smiled back not really knowing what to say, but the women swept over my social awkwardness by laughing and talking some more about kids before a guy off camera cleared his throat.

"So, Alone With Ashton, a story about a girl named Cassandra who's just trying to find her place in the world, gets sent to a foster home where she meets Ashton, and the two couldn't be more perfect for each other. So tell me Lynn, why the sad ending?"

Because it's what actually happened.

"Because life isn't always filled with happy endings. And if anything I don't think people should see it as an end, but think of it as another beginning, one without Ashton." I shrugged and the women all nodded.

"So, let's just address the elephant in the room." This lady with blonde highlights in her hair donned in a royal blue dress. "So this has been all over entertainment news, social media, television, you name it, but there is a huge rumor out that Alone With Ashton is a true story?" Everyone in the room looked towards me.