•60•

Part of me was relieved. And another part was confused as hell.

"So how do you think they ended up with your Aunts ID?" Ross looked over at me and I just merely shrugged being stuck in my own head.

So nothing is wrong?

No one of importance to me died?

I'm still alive and in love?

"I should probably call my Aunt Karmen right now

"I should probably call my Aunt Karmen right now." I muttered pulling my phone out of my pocket.

"Hello?"

"Who's this and why are you calling at, eleven o'clock?"

I sighed at the sound of her voice. "It's Caspian, and I'll be quick so you can get back to sleep."

"Oh, it's you." I heard rattling on the other end. "How may I be of service to my angel of a niece?" He voice was falsely sweet making me roll my eyes.

"There was a woman  that died tonight and she had your ID on her, I was just wondering how she got it?"

"Holy shit, she's dead?"

"Yeah but who is she?" I asked impatiently.

"My boyfriends ex, she had stolen my purse because she's some kind of kleptomaniac." I could practically hear her blowing the smoke out of her lungs. "Anyways was that all?"

"Uh, yeah, I'll just send you your ID in the mail." I was about to hit end but my mouth kept moving. "Hey aunt Karmen?"

"What do you want kiddo?" Her impatience rang clearly through my ears.

"Did you know, about mom not wanting to come back?" I asked quietly listening to the other end that was dead silent.

"Who told you that?"

"She did." I picked at my ripped jeans, feeling anxious about her reaction.

"That heartless bitch." She muttered before sighing. "I did know, and I didn't want you to get hurt." She explained.

"It's fine. She got what she wanted, and being here was the best thing that has ever happened to me." I said pointedly and I could hear my aunt laugh on the other end.

"I'm glad, listen, I have to go." I hear a loud voice but I couldn't make out what it was saying.

"Alright b-" I looked at the phone in confusion realizing she had hung up.

"So, what's the story?" Ross asked beside me.

"Her boyfriends ex-girlfriend stole her purse." I looked down at Ross and exhaled loudly. "Move over." I laid down beside Ross and turned to my side so I was facing away from him.

"What's wrong?" He ran his hand up and down my arm.

"Nothing. That's what's wrong, nothing is happening." I said, frustrated.