•44•

June 24, 2012
"B-Baby sitting?!" I uttered out looking towards Piper incredulously.

"You don't have to do it, I just thought it'd be fun to do it together." Piper shrugged.

"I- Have you seen me with kids?!" I asked. "I am just the worst, and incredibly awkward. And I can't contain my potty mouth for shit." I sighed.

"I'll split the money with you?" Piper offered, and I raised my brow.

"How much?" I leaned forward on her bed and she looked at her phone.

"She said $40 an hour, and I'm watching the rugrat for three hours, so are you down for splitting $120?" She smirked, already knowing my answer.

I rolled my eyes and answered her grudgingly. "Fine, I'll entertain some midget human."

"It's a child Caspian, please remember that when we're watching Amanda." She laughed, frowning as she saw her plant on her nightstand was browning.

"Amanda?" I asked.

"Yeah, that's her name. She's seven and she's a member of Mensa, her parents started teaching her when she was just six months." Piper shook her head and I did too.

"Man poor kid, just imagine that? Our parents actually caring enough to go to that extent." I laughed and laid down on her bed. "Like, if every parent were to do that shit, do you think the world would just be filled with Einstein's?"

"Ha, no. I mean, I'd like to think that I'm pretty smart, I'm no Mensa material but I have all AP classes and a 4.4 gpa, and you know how hard that shit is to maintain." She rolled her eyes and pulled out her phone.

"But you're Asian." I joked, and she gave me a look and I looked at her for awhile before laughing. "Oh my god, I'm Asian too!"

"Yeah a stupid one."

"Does that mean I'm rare?!" I shouted and Piper finally cracked a smile.

" 'London Tipton's really great'-" She sang but I cut her off by chucking a pillow at her.

"No she's fucking not."

•••

"Ross?" I tapped on the door and walked in to see him laying in my bed.

"I came to say goodbye since Piper is kidnapping me and all." I kicked at our wooden floor and he rolled over lazily holding his arms out.

I sighed and walked towards him bending down to hug him but he pulled me into his arms and rolled back over so I was now laying beside him.

"I love you." He murmured.

I closed my eyes and nuzzled my nose into his chest. "I love you too."

If I had the choice to stay here with Ross in this true bliss for all of eternity, I would.

But something tells me that isn't a very productive lifestyle.

I patted his chest before sitting up. "Gotta go lover boy, Pipers' waiting for me."

"Since when can she drive?" He whined.

"Since like four months ago. Now I'm leaving." I said hurriedly before shutting the door.

"No kiss?" I heard him mutter through the door and I groaned before opening the door again and trudging towards my bed before molding my lips to his.

I pulled back quickly and smirked at him. "Done being whiney?"

"No." He pouted and I laughed slightly before I heard Piper honk.
•••

"I hate living out in the country. You always have to leave really early just to even get to town." Piper remarked.

"Ugh, and getting up for school is hell. I mean it doesn't start tell eight-thirty, but getting up at the ass crack of dawn is just ridiculous." I muttered looking towards all these huge houses in such a modern neighborhood.

I mean, this is the place I dreamed of growing up with my parents. A place where we knew everyone in the neighborhood, and invited everyone to barbecue's. That was my dream.

Piper pulled up to a gigantic yellow and white house, with a wrap around porch and red roses budding by the front step.

I actually began to feel nervous again at my attire and ethnicity. I've had a lot of rude encounters in my past with a lot of people my aunt would hang around.

And normally when that stuff would happen, she would tell me to brush it off because the world is full to the brim with assholes, and she promised that my first encounter wouldn't be my last. And she was absolutely right.

An older lady greeted us at the door, she had a bright white smile, and red lipstick covering her lips, and she had blonde hair that hung in ringlets framing her face perfectly. And she was wearing a slim black dress and I automatically felt insecure near this woman.

"Hi Piper!" she greeted Piper warmly and it seemed as if Piper but a mask on smiling just as brightly.

"Mrs. Web you look beautiful!"

"Oh thanks, I found this dress at a boutui- oh, where are my manners, whose this?" She smiled towards me next and I shrunk back a bit.

"Uh, I-I'm Caspian." I held out my hand towards her and she shook in generously.

"That's a beautiful name, my name is Clarissa Web." As soon as she released my hand I crossed my arms across my chest creating a barrier between me and her but she didn't seem to understand my body language.

"My! Look at how long your hair is." She came towards me and I started to panic.

"Clarissa, we're going to be late dear." I looked behind her to who I assumed to be her husband.

"Oh, right!" She grabbed a clutch purse that was on a mahogany desk behind me and she looked towards Piper. "Remember, bedtime is 9:00!" She said before her husband ushered her out.

As soon as the door closed I sighed and Piper started laughing.

"Oh shut up!" I said embarrassed.

"You looked like a trapped rodent! It was so funny!" She slapped at her legs.

"Hey, where's the kid?" I asked.

"I don't know probably in her room playing dolls like usual." Piper shrugged.

"Dolls? I thought you said she was apart of Mensa?" I questioned.

"Just because she's apart of Mensa doesn't mean she's not a kid. She's pretty normal, she just sometimes says profound things."

"Profound am I?" I turned to see a little girl who had the same bright white teeth and curly hair as Mrs.Web.

"Yeah yeah, you're smart. Now lets go fix you up something to eat and then-"

"Then my homework, then I shower, then I go to bed." She sighed at Piper before turning into the kitchen.

And I stayed back in the living room, thinking what the hell I got myself into.

•••••••••••

MY UPDATE SCHEDULE GOT FLUSHED DOWN THE DRAIN IM SO SORRY.

I had surgery like four days ago on my lower back and I didn't want to type when I was being all loopy on pain pills.

And sad news, I didn't win a Watty award for Alone with Ross, :(.

BUT THERE'S ALWAYS NEXT YEAR, RIGHT?

THANKS FOR READING YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING AND I CAN'T BELIEVE SOME OF YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN WITH ME FOR LIKE FOUR YEARS.

I love you all, and I hope you have a happy thanksgiving :)

-Aliah