•40•

Same day.

This is it. I am going to get answers I've wanted for so long, but at what cost?
***
"Caspian, darling." My mom sighed as she saw me come into the room. I closed the door softly behind me and approached her bed, taking a seat on a stool.

"Mom." I breathed out. "I-I need to talk to you."

My mom nodded her head and looked away from me. "Go on, go on and say how much you hate me." Her voice started to tremble and I sat back in shock. "I'm a terrible excuse for a mother, go on! Say it!" She yelled before Se started coughing.

I started to sputter in disbelief. "D-don't. M-Mom stop!" I grabbed her arm tightly making her look towards me. "I want to talk to you, and now isn't the time for a fucking pity party. I needed you!" I cried out and watched in awe as tears sprouted from her tear ducts.

"Talk then. I'm waiting." She said, wiping under her eyes.

I sighed and stood up from the chair and walked towards the window in her room to get space.

"You said you were going to be back in six months." I said quietly as I glared at the dark skies. "Its been at least seven years." I looked back at her, to see her looking at the pulse tracker on her finger.

"There were complications." She muttered.

"Complications that stopped you from coming home to your daughter?" I asked incredulously. "I mean, I thought after dad was gone that you would surely come home, but then I got a post card from South Africa a month afterwards. What complications came up that was worth not seeing your only child grow up?"I asked.

My mom finally looked me in the eyes for awhile before shaking her head. "You're not an only child."

I looked at her for awhile blinking before rolling my eyes. "Care to explain?"

"You have an older sister. We gave her up for adoption when I was seventeen." My mother shrugged and I looked back out at the window in shock.

"Who are you? Where is the woman that I dreamed of every night? What the hell happened to my mother?" I started ranting but I stopped short when I saw her moving the bed upward more.

"Look Caspian." She said, sounding quite annoyed. "I was young. I had already had two kids and there was so much more I wanted to do with my life, I achieved my dreams of traveling the world and I will not let you try and make me feel guilty for it!"

It was as if someone punched me in the gut. The veil that was over my eyes has just been torn to shreds and I was there, panicking as I tried to gasp for breaths.

"This can't be fucking real." I shook my head and grasped at my roots. But I sighed again and looked toward her. "I just want one last answer." She looked towards me, waiting.

"Did you ever once think about coming back for me?" I grasped onto the window ledge as I watched her continue to look at me.

But her eyes turned guilty as she muttered out a quiet. "No."

I nodded my head slowly and pushed off the wall, making my way towards the door. But before I left I looked back at her to see her looking towards me curiously. "Well, I'm happy you didn't come back for me. Because I have Ross, and everyone at bumpy roads. But look at you, all alone on your fucking death bed." I spat. "Rot in hell." I said lastly before slamming the door.
***
I didn't go looking for Ross afterwards, what's the point? Just have him comfort me for the millionth time in my life?

My feet dragged me towards the hospital chapel, where I have been sitting in the last pew waiting for something to happen.

And with just my luck I hear the church doors open. I heard shuffling and I looked to my left to see and elderly lady making her way towards the organ, but she paused to look back at me.

"Hello." She bowed her head and continued her trek towards the organ.

I sighed as I heard the first few keys and closed my eyes trying to concentrate. But my eyes snapped open at the sound of the melody cracking.

"Oh dear." I looked towards the lady to see her holding her head and I cocked my head curiously.

"Are you okay?" I asked and stood to approach her, but she waved me off and shook her head.

"I'm fine, just a slight headache." She rubbed her temples again before looking up at me. "And who might you be?" She asked perkily.

"Caspian." I responded, offering my hand. She shook it firmly catching me off guard as she squeezed my hand.

"Alberta Mesa." She said before patting the seat beside her. "Take a seat."

I did as told and sat at the small organ and I looked down at the lady expectantly. "What are you here for."

She laughed and patted my shoulder. "I'm not a patient sweetheart, my husband has thyroid cancer. I'm just here to get on his nerves." She chuckled before she started playing on the keys.

"Do you know Viv- I-I mean Fawn?" I asked and Alberta slammed her hands on the keys, making the organ emit a high sound.

"That woman." She growled. "She has the nastiest mouth, and she dare curse in front of The Lord." Alberta shook her head taking her hands off the keys. "She's so bitter about everything, as if she had the right to."

I was slightly amused at this woman's anger, she seems like someone who won't hurt a fly.

"Yeah, she's pretty cruel alright." I said quietly. "And I'm happy I didn't get the dissatisfaction of knowing her."

Alberta grinned at me. "Don't we all have that one person that we'd be better off without."

I grimaced as Rider's face flashed in my mind and I shook my head. "Yeah, but sometimes they're the reason why you're happy now."

"Oh, I think I've met your sweetheart. He was in here earlier praying." She touched her index finger to her chin, as if she were trying to remember.

"Ross?" I asked surprised.

"Yeah! That's the guy, he was going on about how he feels guilty because he felt like he was putting you under pressure." She tisked shaking her head at me. "If I were you I'd go find him right now to get his mind out of that dark cloud."

I looked down at the keys in confusion.

Pressuring me? What?

"It was nice speaking to you, but I got to go knock some sense into my sweetheart." I said, and Alberta snickered waving me off as I ran back towards the waiting room.

I saw him with his head in his hand and his eyes closed, and I knocked his arm away causing his face to land on the arm rest.

"Ow?" He rubbed at his nose and squinted his eyes towards me making me smile.

"Lets go for a walk real quick." I whispered. And Ross tiredly nodded.
••••••••

OKAY TWO THINGS.

FIRST, IM GOING TO ANOTHER R5 CONCERT IN TULSA OKLAHOMA, MARCH 16TH 2016.

AND SECOND IM DOING A CHARACTER Q&A WHERE YOU GET TO ASK CASPIAN, ROSS, MAMA VI, OR PIPER OR ANYONE ELSE IN THE BOOK A QUESTION ABOUT ANYTHING AND I WILL TRY MY BEDT AND ANSWER IT THE WAY I THINK THEY'LL ANSWER IT.

SO

Questions for Ross Comment here.

Questions for Caspian Comment here.

Questions for anyone else, type name and then your question.

Thanks for reading love you!!

OH AND TODAY SEPTEMBER 8TH IS THE DAY CASPIAN MET ROSS SO COOL!!

Raise your hand if you ship Rospian so hard
(•_•) /