•27•

March 3,
I guess sometimes old problems like to resurface at the best times in your life.

The best time being this odd cooking war me and Ross got ourselves into. It started when we were watching a cooking channel.

"Pfft. I can cook that." Ross said as he rolled his eyes at the crazy flipping technics the chef was using.

"No you can't, you can't even flip a pancake, that dude is tossing unions and he just fucking lit that rack of lamb on fire." I laughed. Ross stretched out knowing there was limited space on the couch knocking me off. "Hey!"

"Oops, didn't see you there." He shrugged and went back to watching T.V.

"Okay tough guy. I challenge you to a cook off, we each have to cook our best dish with the contents of the kitchen." I got up and turned off the T.V.

"Yeah? Want to make it more interesting? How about the rest of the people in the commons house vote. Most voters win." He got up and came closer to me smirking. I got closer an inch away from his lips.

"Bring it on you little shit." I have him a quick kiss before going into the kitchen to get first pick at my items.

I opened the fridge to quickly grab a package of pepperonis, and I looked around to find a can of the bake able crescent rolls. I frowned looking for cheese, only coming up with cheese sticks.

Ross walked in and saw the items in my hand and started laughing.

"Oh please, what is this amateur hour." He taunted. But I turned around ignoring him. Listening as he grabbed his ingredients from the fridge.
•••

I was sitting at the kitchen island watching amused as Ross was cooking bacon.

"Shit!" Splashes of the bacon grease kept popping on his arms. I laughed loudly at the sight.

"Do you want help?" He turned to glare at me.

"No." He barked.

"Are you sure?" I sang out.

"Yes." He smiled a tiny bit, but held it back.

The beep of the oven going off made him jump away from it.

"Move over chef Lynch." I bumped him over with my hip and put oven mitts on before retrieving the food. The crescent rolls I made were bubbling with cheese. If you were to rip one in half you would then see pepperonis.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Ross smiling at me.

"Take a picture it'll last longer." I said making him jump. He laughed and shook his head.

"I just might." Confused at his words I was about to ask him but Mama Vi called me from her office.

I jogged towards her office to see her sitting at her desk, as soon as she saw me she took her glasses off and sighed.

"There's bad news." She said quietly. I frowned and in my head I was thinking 'Perfect, just fucking perfect.'

I came further into the room shutting the door and sat across from her.

"What is it?" I held my composer, but my mind was reeling with a million possible things that could go wrong.

"Your mother. Your aunt called to tell me that the doctors told her that your mom, only has a little time left." Mama Vi looked at me worriedly while I sat there in place, taking my anxiety out on the armrests of the seat.

"How much time?" I spoke through my teeth, trying my best to hold it together as my knuckles turned white with my iron grasp on the chair.

Mama Vi veered her attention away from my hands and focused on her own. "They estimated about four months."