•47•

August 15th 2012

The sound of alarm clocks shrieking throughout the house followed by annoyed groans is what I woke up to today.

Today, the first day of school.

School this summer was obviously the furthest thing from my mind, well like everyone else. But for some reason I don't even feel like a sophomore.

I don't even feel sixteen.

I guess that's what emotional turmoil does to you, it ages you.

Pain ages you.

I've experienced being taken advantage of, wanting to kill my self, a loved one dying, betrayal, losing my mind, falling in love, taking the plunge.

All of that happened in one summer.

Me and Ross had a small discussion last night about the exclusiveness of our relationship, and we both came to a conclusion that it doesn't matter what others think. I love him, he loves me, that is simply all that matters.

Another alarm went off causing me to groan, making Ross stir.

"Babe make it stop." Ross whined causing me to laugh tiredly.

"It's not even our alarm." I argued rubbing his stomach making him stretch out.

"Don't care, as long as it stops."

I rolled my eyes and slipped out of bed despite the fact that Ross tried to keep me there, claiming it'd be cold without me.

"Get your ass up Lynch."

Ross cracked his eyes open and raised his brow.

"You've never said my last name."

I got caught off guard as I thought about it too. "Hmm, you're right, but it's not like you say mine."

Ross shrugged. "Calling out last names always means you're in trouble,"

"Yeah, you are, now get out of bed!" I yanked at the blanket but he pulled back causing me to land on him. "Ass." I barked as he squeezed my upper thigh.

"Don't mind if I do." he quipped taking his hand lower causing me to squeak.

"Hands off already! Just hurry up you're pissing me off." I said bitterly crossing my arms as I turned away from him.

He tried to grab for me again but I retreated towards the closet to avoid him and get dressed.

Once I came into the room it was empty making me sigh in relief.

•••

"My name is Mrs. Fowler and here is your syllabus for this-"

I completely droned out, being drained at the high pitch voice this woman was emitting.

Today has been... an interesting day to say the least.

Everywhere I go, people are staring. It's a strange occurrence considering the fact that people didn't tend to notice me in the past. But it's as if I came to school with a big ole blimp above me.

Now there are many factors that could possibly be contributing to all these glances. My first thought was obviously all of the drama that was surrounding me last year with Britney and everything, but that thought was shut down due to the fact that no one gives a shit, ad Britney now lives in California... Lucky bitch.

Second reason could be Ross. I mean we've been holding hands during passing periods and we shared lunch together and he even kissed me before we parted ways in the morning. It still could be about Ross, because this is a kid whose the schools point guard for the basketball team, he's a freaky genius math wiz, much to my displeasure, he's a big deal at school.