•11•

October 9th 2011

"Here, put this on." I was lounging in Pipers shared bedroom staring at her ceiling as she helps me find an outfit for my court trial. She threw this black material at me. I sat up and held away to get a better look at it.

"I'm not wearing a fucking dress, and don't even think about pulling out that lame ass pants suit." I throw the dress back at her but she hands it back to me.

"Please just put it on Cass, everything else you've rejected everything else, and that's the only color that matches your soul." She smirks at me. I like it how she doesn't get offended by my profanity, and she starting to joke around with me.

"My soul is not black." I walk into the closet and slip it on. I glance at how it reaches the tops of my knees. I walk back out to face Piper. She smiles brightly.

"Can you uh, do my makeup?" She nods and leads me towards her bed and grabs a bag full of the crap.

"I'm just going to do your eyes and give you lip gloss." She took my glasses off my face, making my sight blurry. She starts coming towards me with something in her hand.

"Woah! What the fuck is that?" I push her hand away.

"Relax. Its an eyelash curler." I sit still this time and let her "curl" my eyelashes.

Within 12 minutes of staying still and trying to keep insults to a minimum she finally finished with putting on my makeup.

"Cass! We leave in 10 minutes!" Mama Vi yells down the stairs.

I pull my dress down when I reach the top of the stairs.

"Cass! Wait!" Piper comes up after me and snips my ponytail holder making me scream and my hair fall down to my waist. She messes with my hair then smiles sheepishly with the scissors behind her back.

"I will kill you when we get back." I head out towards the car where Mama VI and Ross are waiting.

Ross is turned towards the other side trying to get his seatbelt adjusted.

" Can you give me a hand please." The truck is very tall, like getting mounted on a horse, plus I'm wearing a dress.

Don't want to Marlin Monroe anybody.

"Yeah." Ross turns towards me and he pauses. Then proceeds with helping me in. I'm not going to lie, if I were to get a reaction out of him from wearing a dress I'd do it more often.

"You look beautiful." His lips are close to my ear making me scrunch my neck up and getting a chuckle out of Ross. "Are you nervous?" I grab his hand that was sitting in between us on the car bench.

"Extremely, I don't want to see him." I lean into Ross for comfort the rest of the way there.

••• No ones point of view •••

Caspian and Ross and Caspian's lawyers sat at a table in the front of the judge. The lawyer was going over things with the two teenagers. They decided a last resort would be to let Ross speak.

In court the victim always speaks first, as for the other, they only get to make one statement at the end to change the judges mind. But the odds seem so against Rider.

•••

"All rise." I quickly stood to my feet still grasping onto Ross' hand.

"We are here for the state of Indiana vs. Rider Miles Taylor. You may now be seated." I plop back down sighing, trying to get myself to relax.