55

December 29th 2012

"You boys be careful now, you hear?" Mama Vi looked towards all the guys and smiling slightly at Ross who was currently blindfolded.

The boys decided to let me tag along for Ross' birthday, which I was thankful for, because the guys would be a big buffer between me and Ross, and I'd get to have fun with him... again.

I've loosened up a lot more around him. After I had enrolled in some creative writing courses at the college, we had a workshop where we had shared our toughest experiences, and how it had truly changed us.

And after reading some poetry from young poets from Yale University, it all came to me from a poem called "Three Jeff's" or something like that.

But it was a poem that shined a light on the idea of how people like parents, or teachers are telling us, to not make big decisions so soon, and yet how are we supposed to grow up and learn if we don't?

Loving Ross, was my way of growing up.

Was it the right way?

Probably not.

Did I care?

Not one fucking bit.

I was born into a small broken family, and later on I was raised by a broken woman, then I was shipped off to a house of broken people just trying to weld themselves back together again.

Broken people raise broken children who no longer want to be broken nor bent. I still crave normalcy in my life, only getting bits and pieces of it as I was here with Ross.

And I accidentally welded onto him.

So it was just me, Danny and Marcus and Ross piled in Marcus' new car, it was a shitty Honda, but it did the trick, considering Ross wouldn't let anyone drive his car.

Except me.

I smiled at the thought. I have been behind on the whole driving fiasco so as soon as I had gotten my learners permit, me and Ross would go out to the lot, which was just a huge empty parking lot used for fairs and carnivals during the summer, but during the fall and winter me and Ross were there. Having a blast.

"Alright, Mama Vi gave us an extra hour so this should all work out." Danny said quietly and I frowned.

I wasn't exactly briefed on the surprise, I had just assumed we were going to a restaurant or something.

I looked to my left where Ross was sitting with his head against the window, the blindfold covering part of his nose. I leaned towards him to whisper but he spoke before I could.

"Caspian? Is that you?" He asked confused.

I sat back, in surprise but I laughed. "Yeah, how'd you guess?"

His face was tinted a light pink afterwards and he shrugged. "Y-your perfume."

It was then my turn to blush.

He remembers what I smell like?

I laughed again but it came out nervously. "So, seventeen, huh?" His lips pressed in a thin line as he nodded. He smiled.

"Yeah, never thought this is how my birthday would go, but here we are." He placed his arm under his chin sighing. I sighed too.

"Yeah, I don't really know what's going on either." I said quietly. Just as I said that the car started to slow down, and I frowned at the sight of a hotel. "Uh guys? Why are we here."

"Shut up, or you'll spoil it." Danny whispered.

"But don't you need an ID?" I whispered back.

"I got it covered." He pulled something from out of his pocket and what I saw made me roll my eyes. A fake ID. These idiots.

"Okay I'll be right back." Marcus jumped out of the car and ran in and Danny looked back at me before averting his eyes.

My eyes turned into two thin slits as I tried to figure out what exactly was going on, and I was feeling nervous with the way Danny was looking towards me.

Just then Marcus came running back towards the car with a key card in hand he nodded towards Danny and they both got out and went towards Ross' side.

I rolled my eyes and got out, following them as they lead Ross into the hotel, and when the front desk lady gave them weird looks they both just simply put their index fingers to their lips, silently shushing her as they walked past.

They got to the room and I just stood back and watched partially confused as we all walked into the hotel room.

"Hey can you wet a towel in the bathroom?" Danny whispered towards me and I looked towards him confused before going into the bathroom, just as I had my back turned something was slammed into my back and I fell forward hitting my forehead on the tiled floor.

"Ugh!"

"Shit."

"Oops. Didn't mean to push him that hard." I heard a hushed whisper from outside the door.

I winced in pain, as Ross' body weight was still on mine. "Uh, what happened?"

"You trusted those idiots with a birthday surprise, that's what happened!" I yelled towards him.

Ross got up and ripped the blind fold off, blinking at all of the lights and I got up and tried to pry the door open but I fell backwards onto Ross with the door handle in hand.

"Crap." I looked at it in my hands for a second before sighing. "I knew something was up when they weren't telling me what was going on." I scooted away from him and leaned against the tub while he leaned against the door.

"We'll call maintenance, after you guys talk everything through." Marcus said through the door and I rolled my eyes.

"Talk what through?"

"Whatever made you guys so awkward around each other, you may not know it, but it affecting everyone in the house." Danny said quietly.

"We are?" My eyebrows pulled together in confusion and I glanced at Ross only to look away quickly.

"We'll be back in a couple of hours." One of them said through the door.

"Wait hours?!" I got up and banged on the door and Ross moved to the opposite side to sit on the closed toilet.

"You guys can't be fucking serious, what about dinner!?" I put my forehead on the door. "Guys?"

"Hey." Ross said quietly behind me. "this isn't that bad, I mean we sleep in the same room so a couple of hours shouldn't be that bad right?"

If only that were the case...

*****

Hey, this was kinda late I know. But I've been busy.

You see, when I started this account I didn't have that many friends, or a reason to really leave the house... But out of no where people started to notice me and pay attention! It's strange really...

But anyways, I've been thinking lately.

I think, Alone With Ross is my last Wattpad story...

I mean, HOW COULD I GET BETTER THAN THIS?

After I got published in that poetry book I realized, that if I stay on here... my impact on the world can just be erased at the touch of a button. All of my time and effort could just be vanquished, and I hate that.

I'm not saying that me quitting is set in stone, but you guys, I'VE BEEN WRITING FAN-FICTION SINCE I WAS TEN YEARS OLD IM TURNING SIXTEEN WITHIN THE NEXT MONTH!

Maybe it's time for me to dabble in original writings, instead of prebuilt characters...

THESE ARE JUST THOUGHTS DONT WORRY JUST YET.

but if I do quit, just know that I'm not leaving Alone With Ross unfinished.

Q: Do you think that Danny and Marcus where doing the right thing?

Love,

Aliah (-_-)