•30•

"So, why are you ignoring me again?" Ross came into the room and plopped down on top of me, making me lose my breath.

"B-Because, you slapped my ass when I was going to P.E." I pushed him off, but he grabbed me and rolled us over so I was laying on his chest.

"So what, no one saw. You liked it anyways." He whispered in my ear, making me cringe.

"Someone could've saw though, and no I didn't like it." I moved so I can look at him. "Butt slapping is weird, don't do it again." I pecked his lips and got up quickly walking towards the closet.

"Can you take me to the mall or something?" I poked my head out of the closet to look back at Ross, who had his arms crossed behind his head and his feet dangling off my bed.

"What for?"

"I need a skirt to wear with the Paramore shirt." I went back in the closet and started getting dressed.

"A skirt?" He sat up on his elbows to look at me.

"I know, I know. I just want to look nice, and I've been wanting try different looks." I looked down towards my locket momentarily, my finger grazing over the words "let go."

"Okay, I'll go ask Vi for the keys."

I sighed when I heard the door click closed and leaned against the wall of the closet, remembering the conversation me and Piper had yesterday.
***

"No, we haven't done anything like that yet." I cringed at the personal questions she was asking about mine and Ross' relationship.

"But you will though." She laughed rolling to her side on her bed.

"Me and him- We aren't... Intimate." I blushed and covered my face. "Sometimes, I-I do get those feelings, you know? B-But I don't exactly know how to act on them without freaking out because of Rider." I frowned.

Because I've never exactly said these thoughts aloud, and now that I have, it's making me consider, how far can I push myself with Ross? How far is too far for me?

"Do you ever think that the love of your life could be out there, loving someone else?" Piper spoke up, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"I don't believe in love." I said quietly.

Piper rolled back over and poked my cheek.

"How come?" She asked.

"Because, each time it's betrayed me. I love my parents, and yet they left to go do something way better than raising me. Then I continued to love them and my dad died and my mom is going to." I sighed as Piper began petting my head.

"And I loved Rider, then he raped me. So love isn't always all that shit you see in Nicholas Sparks novels. For people like me, it brings nothing but pain. And I'd rather never meet the love of my life, because once they're gone, that's the end of my life."

It was silent as we laid there.

"What if you're the one who leaves though? What if you're the heartbreaker in the future?" She whispered.

I felt my eyes get heaver.

"Then it'd be better... because I'm no good for anyone." I said, just before in fell asleep.
***

"She said yes."

I jumped at the sound of the door hitting the wall, and I got up quickly from the floor of the closet.

"Good, lets get her done partner." I said in a southern accent.

"Are you okay? Because I reckon that there is the worst southern accent my two ears have ever heard." He mocked me with a perfect southern accent making me roll my eyes and I walked out the room to the car.
***