𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙤𝙣𝙚

─────── • ❥ • ───────

Renjun wasn't entirely sure how to face the day now that he'd woken up from a deeply interrupted sleep riddled with nightmares, memories and cold sweats. His mind was a foggy disaster of confused feelings and strange sensations. The sun peeked through the curtains at his mostly bare form, the shirt he'd chosen to wear laying open and pooling down his arms from when his hot self had wriggled a lot the previous night. The rays tickled his exposed chest, heating it so comfortably.

Renjun's eyes travelled across every small shadow, every irrelevant detail of the white ceiling above, treating it like a blank map that really hid the answer within it. His fingers ever so slowly rose from beneath the sheets that were sitting off his waist and trailed towards his slightly parted lips. They danced across the pink skin, reminding him of the electricity Na Jaemin had shown him only hours before in the late hours of the night. God, it had been astounding...but terrifying. What was it for? Why had he suddenly broken away with only a whimsical 'goodbye' before running off to work as a host?

That was the first kiss I've had in a few years too, the blonde suddenly pouted, sighing dramatically as if the whole world had been conspiring against him. Life wasn't that hard yet, and he just had to soldier on ahead. As he dropped his hand to the duvet again, he could hear the soft click of his front door opening and closing, along with the pitter patter of footsteps edging from the living room towards his bedroom. Wait! Shit, what do I do? Someone's here?!

His panic subsided only a little though as none other than Chenle wandered in. He was still dressed like a girl, though with loose attire that defended him from sunburn and heat. "Oh, so you are awake," he hummed before gently sitting down to the side of the male's mattress. Renjun could feel the dip in the bed from the added weight, and it suddenly made him think of when his mother would come in and wish him a good morning.....He missed her.

"What are you doing in here? Am I late?"

Chenle shook his head with a small dismissive wave. "No, not yet. I chose now of all times to get you alone so that I could clear up any possible bad blood we've created....I feel really bad, Renjun. I never wanted to lie to you...or trick you. Never once were those my intentions."

"Well, why didn't you just tell me? Why couldn't you admit from the start that you were a cross dresser? Right now I'm figuring that it was all for a silly laugh."

"God, no. Not at all," the ravenette begged. "I swear, I was just nervous. The last time we had someone like you around, they found out I was a man and started pulling at my hair, at my clothes, and my body....demanding that I prove it. It's not easy accepting this sort of thing...."

"I would never...."

"I know that," he murmured in a rich voice that sent gorgeous tingles down Renjun's spine. "The others were worried about it too. About everything."

"Everything?"

"Mhm. Basically, I've come here this morning to clear the air, if you'd like. To settle the charts and show you exactly what you're here for, why Mark 'accepted you', as he puts it, and from there I'll propose an idea."

The older gazed up at the adult curiously, not at all scared anymore, or even concerned. He was genuinely curious and really wanted to finally understand...to figure out what it was he was missing, and why nothing they said ever made any sense. He could see the other's eyes raking across his bare torso, drinking in his appearance and making him blush. I should've pulled my shirt over me again, he thought at first....but he'd have been lying had he said the attention wasn't a tiny bit nice. He'd never had it before.

"Huang Renjun, you've moved onto our floor as a 'potential', alright? What that means is that we're all going to be testing you, trying you, learning from you. I think you've already worked out that our pairings aren't normal, and that our relationship as a group doesn't answer very many of your questions."

"Mhm."

"You see, the initial three couples we've broken into is for our safety and sanity when we go out. Behind these walls, those pairs don't exist."

"What?" The older leaned up to perch back on his elbows. His investment in this conversation had skyrocketed already, and they'd barely begun.

"Jisung is my boyfriend, don't get me wrong. But he isn't the only one." Chenle held his hand up towards the bedroom door, even though he was really signifying the entire apartment complex. "They didn't want to tell you so soon...but I think it's time. We're all heavily, romantically involved with one another. We're a polyamorous group hiding behind 'normal' masks, if such things exist. Do you understand?"

"No..." Renjun swallowed harshly, needing a drink of water desperately. "No, not at all. You lost me at Jisung not being your only one?"

"Well it's as it sounds," the effeminate male explained. "Mark thought you looked cute, so he arranged for you to live up here with us as a potential love interest. We are all dating as a working, functioning relationship of six. The number may seem daunting, but the fundamentals of it are all the same," he leaned over and placed a tentative hand against Renjun's chest and pressed him back to the white mattress. "We all love. We all go out on scattered dates. We all have sex. Everything is normal....there's just six of us to work around."

What on Earth is he telling me all of this for? What the heck does a 'potential' mean? What does it do? Why am I hearing this? Am I even grasping it correctly? The older Chinese had a huge mental struggle coming to terms with what was being said. Meanwhile, Chenle had crawled up to close a lot of space between them by sitting upon his waist and cupping his cheeks. "Renjun, you have to use words here. Tell me you understand."

"I'm....I'm confused, though. I don't want whatever it is you're describing..."

"Not yet, you won't. But that's what I wanted to propose to you so that I beat the others to it," he smiled brightly like a puppy. "They're so pushy and greedy at times, so I thought I'd reach you first!"

"What?"

"Well, I know a 'date' may sound suggestive, but a 'hang out' sounds even worse to me. All I wanted to ask was whether you'd spend Saturday with me. It's Friday today, right? What do you think?"

"Chenle....I still haven't grasped the whole relationship thing....What the fuck is going on?"

"It's simpler to observe than to have it explained," the younger groaned like this was the most boring topic in the world. "I've merely planted the seed of thought in your head, and now you'll be able to pick up on the jokes, the innuendos and terms and whatnot. Anyway, tomorrow. Will you hang out with me?"

Why is he so adamant to go on a date with me? I'm so beyond lost right now, I think my brain may pour from my ears... "I'll go out with you tomorrow on one condition," Renjun found himself reasoning, gasping at the strange feeling of the younger's hands carefully sliding up his sides.

"Mhm? What's that?" He quizzed, extremely close to the smaller's face and wanting to kiss him so bad, but having far more self control than Jaemin.

"You have to explain everything in specific detail. I want to know everything."

Chenle tilted his head back with a little surprise, probably amazed that this was all his curious little victim would ask for. Easy peasy. "Of course. It's a date!"

I hope I won't regret this decision. "Whatever you say...."

─────── • ❥ • ───────