𝙨𝙞𝙭

─────── • ❥ • ───────

Renjun rather stealthily crept out of his room, clicking his door shut behind him before twisting the key in the lock and edging towards the staircase. It was somewhere near eight in the evening, and so far there hadn't been a single sound from anyone who could've been lurking in the rooms surrounding his.

He was dressed lightly since summer was unforgiving at night, only adorned in a very loose t-shirt, shorts and sliders to shuffle around the complex in. His footsteps sounded far louder than they really were when echoing against the hallway walls.

So far, so good, he nodded to himself triumphantly before taking one step down the collection of stairs, and hearing a voice.

"My oh my, it's our new cutie," they chuckled in a way that could well have been condescending, but perhaps not. Renjun's heart leapt in his chest before he lost his footing in the blink of an eye and started to fall forwards. Fuck, fuck, fuck-

"Whoops," a strong hand latched around his arm, pulling him back into a firm chest before two limbs snaked around his waist unnecessarily. "This is deja vu, isn't it?" He hummed.

"Oh shit," the older hissed upon the horrendous realisation of who he was with, "Let me go, please and thank you."

Another tall and familiar figure wandered around to stand beside him. "Snappy much?"

"Okay, okay," Renjun scoffed, worming out of the other boy's hold and descending three steps to establish a safe distance from both. "I am not snappy. I am irritated! You," he jabbed his finger in Na Jaemin's direction, "Even after catching me twice, you've been nothing but arrogant towards me. And you," He then moved to Park Jisung, "You're plain freaky!"

Both raised their hands in unison just to wear equal mock-hurt expressions. "I-I feel like my heart has been stabbed," Jisung chuckled, moving his balled fist to his chest. "Ow."

"Don't 'ow' me like you're innocently taking an attack! Please just let me go and have dinner in peace-"

"That's what we're going down to do," Jaemin winked flirtatiously, "Perhaps you didn't get the memo, Jun. Taeyong thought a big family dinner would be wonderful as a welcome to you."

"Wh....." the older finally lost his words before looking to the ground in sudden fear, and glancing back up. "What?! Hey, first of all, we're not close enough for nicknames. Second of all, I don't want to eat with you."

With that, he turned on his heels and started marching down the staircase yet again to escape. Jisung and Jaemin, however, were fit and athletic young adults with longer legs. Catching up was basically inevitable.

"Aaaaaw, you're breaking my heart here," the youngest pouted while tugging at his arm. "I've only ever met you once. Where's this hostility coming from?"