𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

─────── • ❥ • ───────

The weather hadn't actually gotten much better even the following day. It wasn't quite so torrential, but the rain continued to spit across the cityscape and Renjun couldn't seem to get his head out of the gutter no matter how hard he tried. The dull clouds and streams of water running along the lecture hall's windows just kept dragging him back to his incredible time with Donghyuck yesterday, and he needed to focus.

Much to his dismay, the lecturer decided to stop speaking for ten minutes to let the small enough group read the passage on the projector and answer the questions emailed to their laptops. "Shit..." he whispered, having zoned out completely and logging into his device as fast as possible.

"You're awfully spacey today," YangYang, perched quietly beside him, hummed softly as he leaned on his palm and read the board. "What's up?"

"Oh..." the elder murmured and distractedly got the document up on his screen so he too could get on with scanning the information ahead, "Uh, nothing. I've just had a couple of late nights recently."

"Yeah? Late enough that you're not even focused on this degree? What's bugging you, Renjun?"

The blonde-ravenette was staring at the board, but the more YangYang scrutinised his profile, the more evident it was that his friend wasn't even reading. He was daydreaming again.

"Renjun—"

"Huh? What? I'm listening..."

"No. You're clearly not," the younger sighed dramatically and folded one side of his notebook behind the other to start answering the questions. He didn't want to come across as needy or patronising, but he really did care an awful lot about this man. He wanted him to be okay, and it was hard to achieve that level of understanding when the subject of his affection wouldn't open up anymore. There was once a day when Renjun couldn't stop going on about his 'crazy neighbours' and how badly he wanted to move out...but now he wouldn't breathe a word about them. What had changed?

"Yang...how do you spend your time? You're obviously like me; waited a year or two before starting college and now have a clear head for what you want. But what's your idea of fun? We don't do a lot of young guys stuff like a lot of the first years in our classes."

"Well...I suppose I study a lot since this course is hard as hell. But otherwise, just normal stuff..."

"Do you play video-games? Watch television? Mess around on your phone?"

"Yeah, pretty much. Why?"

"I feel like I've lost the point of being a college student," the older grumbled lightly and tried not to look outside at the rain for fear of thinking about how he'd been pushed up against his own window yesterday. "My life is so strange and spontaneous...so I've never gone to clubs properly, or had hookups or played drinking games or cut classes during hangovers. Is that bad?"