𝙨𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙮 𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚

─────── • ❥ • ───────

Two years ago...

It had been a while. Date after date, one exciting moment after another and the growth of emotions at an exponential rate. Jaemin could've lived like this forever, but his lovers had been starting to pester him for an answer.

When would Jeno come to meet them? When would he give them and 'yes' or a 'no'? They were starting to grow impatient.

But this was all a short lived period of time as the calm before the storm came to an end, and things started to propel forward quicker than the young host had anticipated. It was on a moonlit night after the two had wandered out of a cinema that Jeno finally asked him a question he'd been withholding for some time now. His hair was blue under the light and Jaemin's eyes held the astrological reflection above.

"I know things aren't exactly perfect with regards to our situation," the elder of the pair hummed while holding the boy's hand and leading them to the small house the large enough relationship were hiding out in at present. "But you already know how much I like you, Jaem. And I really want to date you."

"I know..." the blonde smiled softly and tightened his hold on the male's hand, "I know. And you know I'd absolutely agree to that if you follow the one condition that comes with it."

"Come on, Nana," Jeno groaned and threw his head back as he walked slowly. "I can give you everything they can and more. I promise to keep you happy, but this is just—"

"I've been through this before," Jaemin sighed and stopped them both from moving any further. He placed his hands firmly on the other's shoulders and stared into that gaze of his with complete confidence. "My heart doesn't feel right when I don't have multiple people to dote over. You know damn well if it was just you and me I'd be looking at other men and women regardless, because that's who I am. Pushing Mark, Hyuck and Chenle out of the picture doesn't change the underlying fact that I'll always want more. I fall in love too fast, get hurt too easily, and forgive too soon..." he gushed, sliding those hands up to cup the male's cheeks, "But I don't care. If you could at least try to see them and learn to love them like I do. They're incredible people—"

"Jaem, I can't. I literally can't even comprehend what you're feeling for them, and it doesn't sit well with me..."

The younger's drive faltered, and he took his hands back to flop by his sides limply. His eyes stuttered to the ground before he could even attempt to hide his expression, and all felt lost right now. He thought he could've done it — swayed Jeno's unbending will. If anyone had that ability, it was going to be him. But he'd failed. It wasn't working.