𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚

─────── • ❥ • ───────

Renjun had never been so heart-wrenchingly nervous before in his life. His knees felt like gelatine and the palms of his hands were slick with perspire as he gripped the microphone for dear life. Was the entire country watching him right now? Was this a terrible idea? Awful scenarios involving media bullying and needing to lock himself away from the public for months came to mind, but he didn't care. Not right now, anyway. A man he was starting to fall for and the boys back at home who were equally worming their ways into his heart needed this more than they knew...and he wanted them to be happy.

To be understood.

"I'll only say this once," he uttered, and it came out far firmer and than he felt, and the glassiness to his eyes just made him even prettier. He was emotional...and it was beautiful. "I'm fed up to the back teeth of listening to complete and utter bullshit. I'm talking directly to those who know what they're doing or what they have done, so don't switch off your screen because you're embarrassed. Our country is so far away from being perfect, and it's virtually impossible to achieve perfection on a national scale, let alone a global one. But we're trying. So for the love of God, fuck off with homophobia and slurring already! First and foremost, it's nobody's business who dates who, even if some of us think it is."

The cameras were rolling, pictures were snapping, and Mark Lee was standing close by, making sure nothing went to shit. His own chest was tight with anxiety but his heart amidst it all was filled to the brim with adoration. He could see the faint tremor to the male's legs as he stood on unsteady feet, and the shaking of his hands while he held the mic with both. His whole body was tempted to saunter over and pull him in for more cuddles — just like he had done when he arrived...but he would be fine. Renjun was strong.

"Besides giving hell to our gay actors who, might I add, are literally awesome—" this earned a massive applause and agreement from the ever-increasing crowd now surrounding the area, "We're also not thinking straight about rights, are we? I'm a few months younger than Mark; we're the same age. Why isn't he allowed to adventure with relationships but I am? And to all those beautiful actresses out there who get body-shamed and bullied for imperfections that don't exist, you're not wrong."

Chenle was on his knees right up against the television in the common room, getting yanked and tugged by an irritated Jaemin who wanted to see as well. "Holy shit, holy shit, holy sh—"

"We get it!" Nana griped, finally prying the boy from the screen and handing him to Jeno to hold back. "We are all equally amazed here, Le. Chill."

"I can't believe he's doing this..." Donghyuck whispered quietly from his corner of the sofa, unwilling tears streaking down his tanned and pristine cheeks. "I don't know how much more I can take right now..."