𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙮

─────── • ❥ • ───────

Chenle shuffled down the stairs a few days into 'the practice', as he and his boyfriends were calling it. They'd been watching Jisung and Renjun go about their odd therapy for a small while now, and it was quite cute. The wind was getting stronger outside these days, and there was no time like the present to annihilate bad habits when inside.

The Chinese adult leaned against the wall of the staircase to remain hidden from them, simply wanting to enjoy the view. Ji seemed to be improving a lot, and the objects he had to ignore were getting shinier and shinier. Currently, they were dealing with glitzy, fake jewellery that glimmered under the artificial lighting of the complex. His poor partner kept picking it up...but there was no way this was a step too far. He'd get there, Chenle knew.

The purplette wasn't dressed as a girl today, and wasn't feeling too energetic either. His scruffy, dyed hair needed more care than it'd been given since he hid it under a wig most days, and his male-oriented wardrobe was lacking. So t-shirts and shorts were his only option until he replaced some of it for warmer gear.

He couldn't tell whether the others were home at the moment or not. His shift at the sweet shop wasn't until four, so he had a few hours to burn before needing to dash. Subconsciously, the tall male brought his wrist to his nose and inhaled that incredible scent of the perfume Renjun had gotten him. Everything about it sent him back to that moment in the store, and when he was so ready to defend him. It felt like ages ago now, yet was still as fresh in his mind as when it'd occurred. Does he still wear his? He wondered, and now it weighed on his thoughts that he needed to subtly check later.

Chenle hadn't realised he was smiling like an idiot until an excited cheer snapped him out of it. The two boys were squealing wildly like children and running in for a somewhat well-earned embrace. Their lips met, and this drew the hidden boy's attention to the very jewellery still sitting on the arm of the sofa, peacefully undisturbed. He did it, the purplette thought, grinning from ear to ear and resting his back against the wall now as he stared off into space.

As much as he was so very proud for his lover's progress with this issue he'd been struggling with his whole life, a part of him was wildly jealous that Jisung had a reason to spend time with Renjun, as well as act out like they were this moment. He'd only kissed him once so far...and it had already been so long ago. When they bought those perfumes together, Chenle was certain that it was a sure sign for promising things to come, yet the others had all practically ripped the new boy's clothes off and he himself was still completely unaware of what was under them.

He rubbed his face tiredly and tried not to get tense or agitated over this. It wasn't his turn, or even...it wasn't the right time. Everything happened for a reason, and the order of which things were occurring was slowly luring Renjun into their arms. If he jumped the boat and caused it to rock, maybe things would look a little more dire. His tongue glazed over his lip, and he held back.

He was really holding back.

"Ah, Lele?" Jisung's voice sliced through his tormented mental monologue of injustice. He shivered after getting caught and looked around the wall to see his boyfriend and hopefully soon-to-be-boyfriend straining their necks to spot him. "It is! Why didn't you come out sooner? You could've seen my amazing success."

The brunette pretended to paint his nails like a queen as he described his state of mind while walking past those necklaces and bracelets. The words flew over Chenle's head though, for his attention was set firmly of the other Chinese boy who was merely fondly spectating now. He wanted to smell that male perfume again...

"Well done," the purplette whispered faintly.

"Thank you~"

"I'm glad things are working out." Yeah, he was extremely glad Jisung wasn't as bad as he used to be. It was a monumental effort taking him out in public with that habit of his. Just like the fear of Donghyuck having a sugar rush. They were a clumsy, uncoordinated group of boys who definitely shouldn't have been feeding each other's chaos by dating...but the excitement was the best part. The wondering of when something big was gonna go down again.

"Le?" Renjun tilted his head and brought his focus back. Then, to avoid Jisung's concern, he switched into Chinese and made the younger's heart melt from hearing his mother tongue. "Is something wrong? You've been spacing out? Do you need to talk to Jisung?"

"I sort of heard my name..." the youngest frowned.

"No, I'm fine. I could just do with one of your hugs~" the taller wiggled his brows to feign cheekiness. Unlike the Renjun from months ago, this one rolled his eyes and walked over easily as if this was a simple request, not a joke. He leaned in and wrapped his arms around the young adult, cheeks nuzzling and scents intermingling from proximity.

So this was it. I remember now, Chenle inwardly confirmed whilst subtly inhaling his smell, smiling happily and pulling him in for an even tighter squeeze.

"Should I be clued in, or...?" Jisung whined. His childish nature came through as always, and he ruined the moment for them by squishing them in a cuddle as well. 'Ruined' wasn't even really the right word, as it wasn't unwelcome. More-so, he ended their solo intimacy and traded it for another group memory.

"You still wear it," the taller Chinese male whispered against the other's cheek. "The perfume. I love it."

"You're wearing yours as well. Did I discover a new favourite?" He played.

"Mhm." That was a lie though. It wasn't discovered at all, as had Renjun not bought it for him in the situation that he had...then no, it wouldn't have been a favourite. The simple scent of nostalgia was all he needed to love it the most, and any thought with their new partner was a good thought. A wanted one.

"Love you guys..." Jisung hummed with his chin rested on Chenle's head.

"Love you too."

They had yet to pull the same response from the newest arrival.

─────── • ❥ • ───────

ik this was another filler, but the chapters are all planned out to the end so i officially know what i'm doing in a specific order ❤️ prepare for ninety-five chapters of fun(hell) ><

love you all lots!
stay safe and healthy for me~

-lily