𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙮 𝙤𝙣𝙚

guys i haven't seen this many tears since antagonistic </3

─────── • ❥ • ───────

A year and a half ago...

Jisung didn't consider himself to be a romantic. In fact, it wouldn't have been a far stretch to consider him awkward. He had crushes, silently fawned over them...and let them go without a word of greeting. Girls were difficult to approach, they wore expressions that were either genuine or fake and it was hard to discern which, they spoke without making eye contact...with him anyway, and since he was good-looking (although he hadn't known it then) they were quite teasing and a little stand-offish as a way of flirting. He thought he was hopeless, and maybe he was.

But there was one girl who wasn't like any other in Jisung's young opinion. She was always in the park each morning when he went to clear his head.

When he was sixteen he dropped out of school since he found he wasn't good at it, and his parents couldn't have shown any less interest in him if they tried. The teenager believed a lot of that negligence derived from his kleptomania, and the way they wouldn't help him or got angry when he was taken into the station for questioning every other week. He was just a kid, and they never even tried to understand him.

He taught himself most of his etiquette, learned from other teenagers and adults about what it meant to be human and how one was expected to interact with another. But he'd never worked out how to talk to girls, and this one really caught his eye. Not only was she stunning, but she was a weirdo too. In the best way.

Her laugh was wild, like every joke she heard or every scene she saw was the funniest thing since cat videos. And when she did, her eyes would crinkle into crescents and she'd make others smile and giggle at what she'd found hilarious too. Another factor: her clothes. Dresses, shorts, skirts, jeans, all of it. She suited everything. But she never looked sloppy and always appeared as though she had somewhere special or important to be — no tracksuits or lazy comfort-wear.

Something else, her voice was relatively deep for a woman. It was something that brought Jisung's attention to her from the beginning, because it wasn't exactly out of place...but it wasn't the typical vocal level of most females. Something told the star-struck boy that she'd be an amazing singer, or public speaker or something. She was confident too, with so much to say and had conversations with random people at the park all the time.

The one thing that the young male was stuck pondering on an awful lot was how sometimes she'd show up with other guys. They were always handsome too, like they'd been plucked from movies...not that Jisung had many opportunities to watch television. Whatever it was about her that allured him was stronger than any other crush had been before, and other men or not...he simply had to learn who she was.