𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙮 𝙨𝙞𝙭

i assume we're heading into exam periods for those of you in school? if so, i'm wishing you all the best of luck! it's started snowing over here and i'm getting all nostalgic 💔

─────── • ❥ • ───────

Love could bring someone unsuspecting to the brink of insanity, and it happened more often than people really cared to admit. Nobody wanted to kneel and confess that they, in fact, couldn't think straight anymore because of a person, or that they were derailing their lives for no good reason. One of these victims, Renjun, was starting to feel the hysteria of it set in.

A week had already drifted by since he'd taken his stuff and moved in with his boyfriend. His boyfriend. It still didn't sit in his throat right. He'd take showers in the tiny en-suite attached to their shared bedroom and shiver when he hallucinated Jeno's firm hands on his shoulders, or choke on his drink when he heard Mark's voice on the television and mistake it for reality. Every fluttery, autumnal skirt and dress he walked behind along the streets made his breath hold until he confirmed it wasn't Chenle, and he swore to himself he could still hear Jaemin and Donghyuck laughing away at something behind him...only to find they weren't there. A week without a single sighting of them was causing something inside him to fill in their gaps.

And alas, he could sense that YangYang wasn't oblivious to his antics. Switching channels to avoid particular movies and tossing and turning in bed with nightmares weren't exactly what he'd signed up for. It was like their restless presences lingered and terrorised him for leaving.

"Morning," the younger of the two hummed with a toothbrush in his mouth. From the mirror he could see Renjun with unruly bed-hair stepping up beside him and taking his own brush out. Already YangYang had eaten breakfast, gotten dressed and gotten his laptop and books in order, while the shorter had pulled the sheets straight back over his head and opted for fifteen extra minutes in lieu of food.

"Morning," he yawned back and stared at the mirror for a moment. "Fuck...I'm so skinny."

"It makes sense. You eat," YangYang counted on his free fingers, "a croissant each morning — only one — and then a pasta bowl from the canteen for lunch. Dinner is also optional. Biology decides the outcome—"

"Oh shut up," he pushed his shoulder playfully into the other's. "I know, I know. But the college life dictates my meals."

"Lies. You were an avid café-goer and restaurant-lover before. Is..." he lowered his toothbrush to the sink momentarily, "You know you can talk to me if you're bothered by something. I'm not blind, and even though your neighbours weirded me out, I know you miss them. Can't you just say sorry or something?"

"Believe me, 'sorry' doesn't cut the mustard this time," Renjun sighed airily and put his brush back to rub his face instead. "Yang, I've been such an idiot. I've put so much of my life in their hands and now I can't remember what it was like when it was only mine."