𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚

guys i'm not fucking ready

─────── • ❥ • ───────

The restaurant was quite classy, which was immediately clear from when Renjun had followed that waiter over to his table. There were members of staff everywhere, checking how everyone was doing, carrying plates along their arms like ornaments and flashing sparkly smiles. The whole atmosphere made this situation ten times more stressful for Renjun than it had already started out as.

"Have you ever been here before?" YangYang asked cutely, head tilted ever so slightly with that fluffy brown fringe of his flicking across his forehead. He was undoubtably beautiful: handsome and pretty all in one...but the older of the two's heart was trying to pull an escape plan from his ribs and the blonde-ravenette could barely focus on anything else.

"Uh, no. I don't think so," he glanced around once again, breathing in through his nose and out through his mouth. When Yang had sent him the name of the restaurant, Renjun had merely checked Google Maps for the general location and never looked into the basis of the place. Had he known it would be this way, maybe he'd have come better prepared.

His pretty, yellow jumper was the perfect hideout for his hands as he kneaded the wool over his sweater-paws and slightly stretched the fabric from stress. His entire body was alight with nerves, but he needed to calm the Hell down. This was his friend in front of him, not some convict from prison holding a gun to his head.

"Here we go," a young waitress cut in, somewhat interrupting how they'd been staring at each other with a lot to say. It had never been so difficult for Renjun to just talk. The girl serving them was quite cute, not in an actress, stunning sense, but more-so in a girl-next-door type of way. She had auburn highlights through her dark hair which was plaited, and innocent eyes. The only reason the blonde-ravenette was denoting this was because she seemed quite fond of YangYang. "Would you guys like more drinks?"

"Actually, could we have—" his dear companion started to explain before Renjun zoned out and started to stare the boy's profile. The genuine little smile of his as he tried to relax those he spoke to, and the endearing accent when he used Korean. He was so huggable, but the elder needed to refrain. He knew Yang wanted something else besides hugs, and this meal felt like 'the night' for such a question.

"That's fine, I'll go grab those for you now," the waitress beamed professionally. Her sights turned to the smaller adult before she offered as well. "Would you like anything?"

"Ah, no. I'm fine..." Renjun murmured awkwardly and crossed his ankles under the table. He couldn't even muster the energy to pretend to be bubbly. This was an off-day at its finest, and to top it off he knew the boys were all together somewhere having fun and chatting while he wasn't with them. Why did that make him feel so bitter?