𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙮 𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩

─────── • ❥ • ───────

Two years ago...

"Okay guys, water break. I want you all back in action for three o'clock though!" The director barked above the chatter, and the crew dispersed into the wings and backstage or else their cars to catch up with each other and grab a snack. Mrs. Kwan massaged her temples and wandered over to Mark who sat down on a stray seat away from the setup of a dining hall. It was well structured, she believed, and this whole film's budget wasn't small to say the least.

"Hey, how're holding up?" She enquired wearily and passed him a bottle of water as per usual while she too sipped from hers.

"Fine. It feels like this day will never end though. Am I being dramatic?" The actor wondered aloud as the plastic crackled between his fingers and his gaze narrowed ever so slightly.

"Not at all. It's all nearly over, anyway. Just the last push, y'know?" The brunette female then shifted her sights from Mark to the costar perched by the wall of the set. He was on his phone, but very clearly not interested in it. "Hmmm," her voice resonated softly, "Have you been talking to Jeno lately?"

"A bit. He's not as bad as I thought he was."

"I guessed as much. Why don't you go over and keep him company? He looks bored out of his mind, the poor thing."

"I don't know what you're trying to do," the younger arched his brow, "but I don't like it."

"Who said I was trying to do anything?"

"If you're attempting to set me up with him, don't bother. He likes my boyfriend."

"And?"

"And he's clearly not interested in anything else."

"You're so annoying, Mark," she groaned lengthily and placed her water down on a small desk to the side. "Didn't that boy of yours who dresses as a girl like Jaemin as well to begin with?"

"Chenle isn't Jeno. They're not even similar, and Le was more than happy to extend his horizons. Jeno is just...the way he is."

"Fine. But if this film ends and your crush withers away as you never see him again, don't come crying to me."

The ravenette gritted his teeth and rubbed his make-up-caked face from irritation and exhaustion. His hazy, mahogany irises darted from one corner of the room to another, at a loss for what to do. "I don't want to get rejected. It feels like shit."