𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙮 𝙨𝙞𝙭 {mature}

as you know, more cringey af mature content in this chapter. skip if you don't like it~

 skip if you don't like it~

─────── • ❥ • ───────

Renjun lay awake on his bed, staring listlessly at the ceiling and finding himself incapable of even clearing away the thoughts plaguing him. Those of YangYang at school that day, or of Mark's words in the car that night, even Jisung's mindless utterances throughout their games. All of them...

He was suffocating.

In the end, he pulled his legs up and touched his bare feet under the sheets, his hands actually warmer than they were. Renjun felt so damn guilty at the moment, and he knew what he had to do. He just...wasn't doing it. Confessing to it all. Running on impulse. Being himself. Instead, the blonde-ravenette was running as far away from the wall he kept up himself as possible. It was a weak barrier; made of glass and feelings and he could see straight through it to the other side.

One stone. He needed to throw one goddamn stone at it to shatter it once and for all, and then he'd be free of these feelings eating him up. But he was too weak to make the move, and too stupid to help himself. Nobody could pick up the rock but him.

Footsteps outside his room in his apartment startled him, and he shot up into a sitting position to watch the ajar door carefully. His gaze narrowed as the shadow cast from the moonlight underneath it paused, and his breath hitched with a bit of concern. It is one of the boys, right? Why are they hesitating?

Eventually, however, they did push on through and as expected, it was Jisung. "Renjun?" He whispered faintly, inching over to the bed slowly at first...but breaking into a dash as he collided onto the mattress and shuffled towards his neighbour for a cuddle.

"Nightmare?"

"No, not really. I just feel lonely for some reason."

"Yeah?" The elder pursed his lips and ran his fingers through the brunette's fluffy hair. "What's up? Is this about Mark's new film coming up?"

"Partially," Jisung sighed and moved to sit beside the other rather than laying on his lap. "The air is different these days, have you noticed? I feel like something's going to happen soon, but I don't know what it is. Or how to stop it. Or if it's even something we need to stop. Can you feel it?"

"Sort of." I'm feeling a confession from a friend in the near future coming along, and I don't know what to fucking do, was all Renjun could dare to think.

"You've been up all night, huh?" The taller murmured and glanced at the digital clock to the side. "It's nearly three."

"My brain isn't happy with me right now."