𝙩𝙚𝙣

─────── • ❥ • ───────

"Okay, I know we've known each other for a whole-" YangYang checked his watch briefly before continuing, "Three hours, but I was hoping to have lunch with you." His smile was just too radiant to refuse.

"Sure," Renjun chuckled in return, packing his things into his bag from his desk. "Three hours is enough time to make a friend. Besides," he glanced around the room at the other various adults wandering out of the lecture hall and towards whatever spot it was they enjoyed eating at, "I don't particularly like this class group. They're so...."

"Quiet?"

"Yeah. Like, apart from you, nobody has approached me."

"Eh, me neither. I'd say we look foreign and they're assuming we're exchanges just hoping to get this course over and done with."

The older couldn't help but laugh at his reasoning. No, they didn't look that different from the Korean populous. Their class were just unsociable. "Whatever you say. Guess it's just you and me."

"Wouldn't have it any other way," the younger winked as a terrible flirtatious joke, to which Renjun flicked his forehead and pulled his bag up along his arm.

"Let's go eat. My stomach has been slowly concaving all day, and I totally skipped a decent breakfast this morning 'cause I thought I had more time."

"I ate a lot, and I'm still hungry."

Renjun giggled loudly, envisioning this person devouring a meal and not stopping for breath. "Oh no, you're one of those bottomless pits. I'll have to replace my fridge with a bigger one if you come over."

"You can cook?!"

"Well, I try to. I've never been criticised."

"I'm definitely taking you up on that offer someday soon. I could burn water if you left me the right frying pan," the younger joked.

The blonde scoffed at his antics and followed him out towards the direction in which they came hours prior. Thankfully, they didn't have any more classes for the afternoon, and were free to go home.

But Renjun didn't want to go home. He didn't want to face those men just yet.

"I know I sound like a total savage by saying this, but can we get some Chinese cuisine?" YangYang begged as though the older wouldn't let him. "I've been living off Korean barbecue for the past like, two days. Trying new cultures is fun and all, but I need something western or Chinese right now."

"Western?"

"Mmm. Western."

He's so cute, Renjun thought fondly while admiring his animated expressions as he discussed his interests. The entire day had perked up since the dire beginning that morning, and suddenly, the short boy didn't think life here would be so bad. He would only have to spend his evenings at the apartment anyway, and even then, not every evening.