𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙮 𝙩𝙬𝙤 {mature}

─────── • ❥ • ───────

At sometime around half twelve at night, Mark ventured downstairs to occupy himself as he was completely unable to sleep. The cicadas weren't as loud as they used to be, and the heat of the night was starting to fade with the changing of the seasons at long last. Silence had befallen the first floor of the complex, and the young male tapped along barefoot towards the communal kitchen area to grab a glass of water. The only reason he didn't want to enact this in his own apartment was because Jaemin was sleeping with him and he didn't wish to wake him.

As he passed the living area, he spotted a body passed out on the sofa. His eyes widened in a small amount of surprise before the identity was revealed to be Taeyong. Silly, the actor thought, crouching down beside him and checking his temperature with his hand to the older's cheek. There didn't appear to be any problems, so he shuffled over to the club chair, swiped the decorative blanket off it, and swung it over the landlord's figure.

There, he crouched once again and chuckled fondly to find him snuggling into the instant warmth. "Goodnight," Mark whispered, moving to stand up before his wrist was grabbed.

"Mark?"

"Mhm? Sorry Man, did I wake you?"

"Nah, it's fine. I must've fallen asleep during my little break."

"You're working too hard," the younger sighed dramatically and sat down on the couch by his legs. "Seriously, don't you get a day off or something?"

"Only when I can employ some staff to help me out here. Like a receptionist..." He trailed off, and by the tone of his voice it was apparent he had something more to say. "Actually Mark, there's something I've been wanting to tell you."

"Shoot."

"I know it feels like not much time has passed, but we've already come to the end of the five month agreement. Summer lasted forever this year, huh? Can't believe it's September..."

"How much time have we got?"

"I don't have an exact amount, but the locks on the doors and the first and second floors will be changed and up for rent soon. I can hold off for as long as you need, but I suppose I needed to tell you this as soon as possible."

Mark rubbed his face tiredly and sat with it in his hands as he contemplated. "That's crazy...five months gone. I'm gonna miss you."

"Believe me, I'll miss you lot as well. It's been an interesting experience, hasn't it?"

"This is my favourite so far. Of all the places we've run to in order to hide...this has been the best."