𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧

─────── • ❥ • ───────

Renjun awoke from what could've been considered the worst sleep of his life. The sun practically stabbed his unready eyes when they fluttered open, shining over his dark rings and making an ironic picture of a nice morning with the living dead in the centre. The adult reluctantly sat up, his back as stiff as a board and limbs in need of stretching.

He flicked his gaze over to his bedroom door, heartbeat quickening when a sudden memory recalled in his mind, the one of a boy standing over his bed in the almost opaque darkness.

I swear to God, these neighbours will be the death of me, the male thought bitterly. His legs were a bit wobbly at first when he stood up, though quickly found strength and energy before leading him out of the room towards the mini-kitchen area. The front door was closed as well, but as predicted, the chair jamming it was neatly pushed away. So someone definitely came in...

His nerves traveled upwards again into a sensitive zone, the hairs on the back of his neck spiking up. He pulled a hoodie from his suitcase by the bedroom door and slid inside, no more comforted than before. Renjun would need to crack down on some rules for the other boys if his privacy was going to be invaded this way.

The young adult edged towards the said door and creaked it open, peeping down the hallways and releasing a deep exhale. Nobody's up.

He stepped out, hugging his torso defensively while eyeing each door around him. The one opposite seemed to have small, hushed whispers behind it...piquing his interest a great deal. The other white frames all remained quiet, so he decided to himself that being a little cheeky and seeing if he could hear the conversation amounted about the same to having his whole home broken into.

Step.

Step.

Step.

Renjun was as silent as possible as he paused four steps in, right in front of the neighbouring apartment. The golden '11' nailed to the freshly painted white door shone provocatively, like it was actually hiding something.

He carefully pressed his ear to the surface, holding his hand to it as well for support. Indiscernible murmurs could be heard, but not the real conversation. Were there two voices? Three? Who even lived in there?

The longest minute of silence he felt he had ever suffered through was interrupted with a throat clearance behind him. It made Renjun jump, heart skipping a beat and whole body jerking around to press his back against the door. "Oh my god!"

The tall boy before him had a condescending smirk etched into his beautiful face, made innocent only by his naturally squishy cheeks and eye-smile. "I don't know who you are, but eavesdropping is so naughty. What did you hear, hm?"

Renjun could've died with how guilty he felt, but also from the slight embarrassment of being caught. He never even heard this person walk over, or open a door. It didn't make any sense. "I-" he swallowed harshly, "I was just curious...."